Non experienced position

Discussion in 'Waste Removal and Garbage Truck Driver Forum' started by Drpparker95, Mar 16, 2018.

1. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    sanitation is rewarding. Good luck.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Drpparker95

Drpparker95 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Thank you im really praying i get on with them or us foods. Don't wanna go otr again absolutely hated it

VIDEODROME Thanks this.
  4. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I lied. One more. Dont complain. They dont want to hear prospective employees complaining, i mean you can say otr was not a fit you could get used too, but dont say it sucked because the roller dogs were never cooked, and all the lot lizards and etc.
    Dont talk #### about other companies or industries. Be respectful about everything.

5. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    So when they ask why pepsi didn't work out just tell them that me and the company had issues with the safety of their equipment and we had a conflict that couldn't be resolved or what

6. Blackshack46

If it was a safety issue, a legit issue not one like the sest cushion was tore.

Just say the terminal i was out of and i had a disagreement on the safety of their truck that i was assigned. When i brought it to the supervisors attention, i felt like my issue was put on the back burner. After repeated attempts to fix the issue, it was never resolved or discussed from the supervisor as to why it wouldnt be changed/fixed.

If the complaint is legit and has to do with the job, then use it as an example of the kind of driver you are. The safe, smart thinking driver.

An issue like "i had to work 3 saturdays in a row" is not something i would say to a future employer.

7. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Well the issue was a trailer light being out for a week almost. I asked the supervisor 4 days straight to get it fixed, also my truck never had an elog even though everyone else did

8. Blackshack46

On a delivery truck i can imagine you only had the DOT minmum on lights. I wouldnt go into details, sating specific parts... lights tranny, wiper whatever. Just say a part of the truck needed for safe operation was inoperable and when brought to the supers attention, it took 4 days for results. See your trying to show that you know the rules of trucking as far as the regulations go. At the same time, you are not trying to throw your old company under the bus(trash talking is for after getting hired), but you want to make it a point that you do not operate like they do, and you have safety on the mind 24 7. So it would be valid in my thinking.

The elog thing.... less than 100 air miles from terminal, punch a time clock, etc. You may have not needed one.

Now if you didnt have an elog, but had paper and your job had you get creative, then yes valid. But DO NOT say you broke the law because the company asked you to work an hour extra. You do not want to come off that way in the interview.

9. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    Got you so without going into much detail basically just i loved my last job but me and company had a misunderstanding on a safety related issue with equipment and it didn't get taken care of and i wasn't going to drive illegally i gave them a chance but i want to be safe. Basically that it

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  10. Drpparker95

Jan 2, 2017
    Meridian mississippi
    I thought it went well, he said give it a few weeks and watch my email. Didn't even get out the building good before getting an email saying they were persuing other candidates

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.