Norfleet Transportation

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Harley0531, May 16, 2017.

1. Harley0531

Harley0531 Bobtail Member

May 16, 2017
    WOW!!! where do I begin. Turn and run!!! This company has lied from day 1. My husband signed on as an owner operator power only, nope he was leased out to run for another company. He was told no trailer rental since he was power only, then we see $200 week for rental. It gets better, he was told $3000-3500 per week "to the truck", he was NOT told that this was before expenses (half his paid when to fuel). OO can't run for $1.12 per mile. He was told tolls and scales were paid, no that didn't happen either. The last straw with this horrible company was after my husband refused a load and he had given his 30 day notice Norfleet didn't take nor turn any of his calls when he had 5 days left of his 30 day notice. Very unprofessional!!!1 So, if you want to be lied to and treated like crap then Norfleet is the company for you.

TST65 and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Doesn't matter what he's told, what matters will be listed in his contact

Broke Down 69, passingthru69 and TST65 Thank this.
  4. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Not to mention everywhere I've ever heard of "to the truck" means gross pay. That is always before any expenses. If they are not paying what the contract states, sure post about it. Sounds like your hubby didn't read or understand the contract though. That's on you, not the company.
    Also working with any company that pays so little per mile you are part of the problem. Work with a company that pays at least ok.

5. Harley0531

May 16, 2017
    In the 3 years he's being driving "to the truck" was after expenses, this was the first company he's been with that was gross. My husband definitely didn't misunderstand the contract, this company takes advantage of the driver. Per the contract the driver makes on average $1.70 per mile, he never made that much, he won't have accepted a job for $1.12 per mile. I'm just warning drivers to beware.

Lonesome and ZVar Thank this.
  6. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    What's with all of these wives posting on behalf of their husbands? Is anybody else tired of this "hearsay" bs ?

Also "to the truck" is always the gross amount the truck makes .

The company cant tell you what your take home will be.How is that possible unless all expenses were fixed and you got the same pay every week , and they knew your tax situation, savings, insurance , etc . Just think about it for a second

If you're contract guarantees you that pay l apoligize , but I highly doubt it

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  7. Harley0531

May 16, 2017
    How can you say when a spouse writes a comment it's "hearsay" bs? I talk to my husband daily on what this company put him through which in turn affects our company, which I run. I guess as wives/business partner we can't have our say. The pay he was told to except was a range and since he is an owner operator they don't withhold taxes. So, yes they can tell us what his average take home will be.

8. Hyweighman

Hyweighman Medium Load Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Pensacola, FL
    To the truck , is before expenses.

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I don't know that it's hearsay, when the spouse tells the story.

Now, if you're in the buffet line at the TA, and you hear 2 guys talking at the table, that one said he heard from a Swift driver that Werner was a good place to drive, that would be hearsay.........

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  10. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    I can't believe that ANY truck driver (regardless of title) would or could expect to pocket over three grand a week....even the guys that haul explosives (exclusively) are not putting $185,000 a year in their personal account.
    #delusional

I'm not putting you or your husband down...but that kind of "take home" money is unheard of in this industry unless you own a company---not a truck, but a company. If he's been in the industry for a year or more, he should already know that.

Thanks for the heads up on the company though...I, for one, shall "avoid" them.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  11. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    You're right , the word "hearsay" was misused here .

What I'm getting at , is there are lots of threads about "hubby this and hubby that" , usually with too much verbiage ,drama, and exaggerations.

In your case I was wrong, especially if you are directly involved in the business and see his settlements

However , to the truck is to the truck and I don't see how anybody can take that for something else

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.