North East Driving

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Diesel, Dec 17, 2006.

1. luvmyhubby

luvmyhubby Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Sidney MI
    Love the GW starting gate.....LOL, have heard that more than once from hubby as he heads "north".:happy6:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    they just have that "usual" New Yorka, New Joisey "attitude" which i, being from New England, fall right into the "groove" of "open comunication" wit-da-bro's...................

4. pro1driver

pro1driver Heavy Load Member

Mar 30, 2006
    North East, USA
    uh-ha........

and there off...........PAM on the inside............coming up from behind is Western...........followed closely by Schnieder.........and bringing up the rear is.........Sea-Bisquit...............

what used to be very "scary" years ago long before the 9-11 attacks, all trucks were allowed to use the lower deck........especially if there was construction on the upper deck, or massive traffic, or an accident...........

the container haulers, would rush up to the toll plaza, and as they would enter the lower deck, would scream into the c.b. radio..."BONZAI".............because the lower deck has very sharp curves, as this lower deck was added to the GW Bridge long after it was built. those curves made for "suicide" races up to them, as they are tight also, and if you're in the wrong lane, you're taking an exit you don't want........

that's all you would ever here, BONZAI............BONZAI.............BONZAI.............

then crash............crash..................

i miss those days of rock & roll fun across the GW Bridge..................

5. cjone782000

cjone782000 Bobtail Member

Dec 18, 2006
    I don't. they get paid by the hour. they know the area very well and know what streets to take and are very use to the traffic. it's not all that bad. i myself think its easier to make boro deliverys between 10am and 3pm

6. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    The congestion. Time spent sitting in traffic.

7. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Lol, the thread is 13 years old..

8. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Diesel was last seen: Aug 29, 2012

9. jeff18

jeff18 Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2014
    pittsburgh, pa
    Lol still applies. And is worse today

Concorde Thanks this.
  10. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    It's a very big deal. In some cases you are going into towns built in the 1600's No place to put a semi.

The NE is a great taker of EVERYTHING in the USA. ALL trucks ship there. DAM FEW load west out of the NE. Since all industry is gutted and turned into Geriatric villages munching on "Govt Beef" then there really nothing up there to hang your hat on. Except a little bit here and there for the luck few. All others leave empty.

And since I replied to nothing years ago, I will head off any more NE talk most likely.

11. rbrtwbstr

rbrtwbstr Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2012
    in the bush somewhere
    I'd take NYC any day over Baltimore /DC.

Thing about NYC is everyone knows what they're in for going in, and those that live there, while they may not be the friendliest people, they deal with the unexpected quite well. It's part of living in the concrete jungle.

Now you look at Baltimore/DC, they seem to think everything that they have is just there by dumb luck, and they have zero tolerance or patience for trucks. Their only worry is getting to Starbucks, and nobody better get in their #### way.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.