Northern Refrigerated Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ArcticWolves, Apr 13, 2018.

1. ArcticWolves

ArcticWolves Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    I was browsing the forums and couldn't really find that much information on Nothern Refrigerated Transportation. I saw an ad on Craigslist advertising they are hiring local drivers paying $18.95 per hour and $4.00 per stop. I was just curious if anyone has had any experiences or can offer any input on them? I'm a new Class A holder so my options are quite limited when I want to remain local so I can be home for my family.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I know their drivers that run I-5 up to Washington do really well.

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Airgas: local
    At least 21 years old
    Class A CDL with at least 1 years’ CMV experience — experience must be within the last 4 years
    Graduation from an accredited truck driving school with diploma/certificate will count as 1 year of required experience.

5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Praxair:
    Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair's
    [​IMG]

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Company: FedEx Express - Irvine,CA
    Job Title: R0010: Ramp Transport Driver-PT-AM Shift 4:00am-8:00am, 5 days per week, days off to be determined, $20.85. Class A Cdl Learner's or Cdl required.
    Job Requisition Number: RC27397
    Category: Courier/Tractor-Trailer Driver
    Job Family: FXE-US: Driver
    Time Type: Part Time
    Compensation: $0

Locations:
    Irvine, California

To Drive Tractor-Trailer Vehicle To Designated Locations And Operate Mechanized Loading/Unloading Equipment.

Hs Diploma/Ged 6 Months Fedex Express Exp Pref. Class A Cdl Learner'S Permit Or Class A Cdl Req'D Prior To Submitting App For The Rtd Position.

7. ArcticWolves

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    Gosh @Chinatown I have no idea how you get all this great information. I cannot thank you enough I really do appreciate it.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Mountain Valley Express isn't local, but only runs CA,NV,AZ. It's a line haul outfit that hires new cdl grads.

9. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Mountain valley has a drop yard in paramount not too far from the op but they don't pay too well

Chinatown Thanks this.
  10. ArcticWolves

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    So Northern Refrigerated called me back and are offering a local position 4pm to 4am Friday to Tuesday with wednesdays and Thursdays off.

Pays $12 per hour during training for 2 weeks and then $18.95 per hour after that for 4 months then 19.95 after 4 months to 8 months then 20.95.

Sounds prettty good but I got a few more companies I'm waiting to hear back from. However, I do not want to pass up an opportunity. I know how hard it is to find a local position as a new driver. The graveyard hours are the only turn off for me but dang that's some good money as I'm not used to making anything like that! I'm almost doubling what I made in the past which would really help out my family.

Beats the heck of going over the road for me. Not sure what a new driver should settle for making but I did the math and its around 50k for my first year.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  11. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    What all would you be doing?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.