Northern Refrigerated Transportation

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ArcticWolves, Apr 13, 2018.

1. ArcticWolves

ArcticWolves Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    Well the 2 weeks I would be in training but since it's refrigerated I'm assuming driving a reefer and picking up food products and making deliveries to stores or warehouses? I'll ask when I submit some paperwork tomorrow.

Honestly, I was just excited to hear back from someone as it is stressful job hunting while your nest egg is going down :(.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Nrt is a decent company from what I heard. Is it ot after 8 and double time after 12 or are the straight pay?

4. ArcticWolves

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    I'm going to ask them later today had to get a dmv printout before he talked with me any further.

5. ArcticWolves

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    So they contacted me today and I'm scheduled for an interview today. The position is for a LTL driver and pay starts at $20/hr with OT after 10 hours. Position would be during the daytime Mon to Fri with weekends off. Seems like a much better fit for me then Northern Refrigerated working graveyard so if all goes well I'm going to accept this offer.

6. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Good luck! Are you going to be at the terminal in paramount? When I worked for dot foods a few of us socal guys were out of that yard (dot foods rented a few parking spots)

7. ArcticWolves

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    They do not off overtime. To start out its $18.95/per hour and $4 per stop. Work would be 4pm to 4am with Wednesday and Thursday off. So that's not really appealing to me. I have Saladinos to contact next.

8. ArcticWolves

Sep 6, 2014
    USA
    Yes, I would be out of that terminal. They had to reschedule my interview to today so fingers crossed. Otherwise I have fastenal and saladinos next on my list.

9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Old thread, but I see Northern raised their pay. I’m curious what their top of the line benefits consist of

10. HiramKingWilliams

HiramKingWilliams Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2019
    State of Jefferson
    How many stops per day do they do? Is this position similar to Sysco/US Foods/McClane/Etc? The ad says $90k/yr but I find that a little hard to believe, unless you are working 70 hrs/week and humping some serious frozen freight by hand.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.