Not good enough for Werner?wtf

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by a_kiraly, Mar 7, 2013.

1. irishwarrior

irishwarrior Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa
    dont feel bad i got rejected by werner also i am on my way to the pumpkinpatch do my time and go with a company closer to home and yes i agree they did ya a favor as they did with me

a_kiraly Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. a_kiraly

a_kiraly Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2010
    carrboro,nc
    true, but i was an owner operator for two years from jan 2010 til dec2011, almost two years with no accidents tickets whatsoever. Plus as i mentioned before they pre approved me first then rejected without any reasoning. I am not too bummed out about it anymore, anyway but thx for the input.

4. irishwarrior

irishwarrior Medium Load Member

Dec 21, 2011
    williamsburg iowa
    oh and i forgot to tell ya GOOD LUCK and safe travels and hope to see ya on the road someday maybe

a_kiraly Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Florida Rock & Tank has some terminals in NC.

6. Cman301

Cman301 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Maryland
    after reading these post I think you lucked out! go play Powerball!! Lol lol

7. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    If you want to go tank, check out Superior Carriers - they have a terminal in G'boro and Wilmington, not sure where any others might be in NC.

EPES would be a good choice as well.

8. dinkytruckerdoo

dinkytruckerdoo Medium Load Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    I love it here at EPES! As far as Averitt goes.....I've heard nothing but bad stuff about their OTR division. The local/daycab guys LOVE the company. I have some friends who worked on the dock there in Colfax and that's what they were telling me.

9. Allow Me.

Allow Me. Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 28, 2009
    Rancho Mirage, Ca.
    If I was the final say in weather or not you were hired, I'd say no.....only because you apply, then back out before you get to orientation and then re-apply a month later. It appears you don't know or can't make up your mind and what company wants to waste their time ? The problem is, a ton of new hires don't show for orientation after taking up the recruiters time with questions etc.

a_kiraly Thanks this.
  10. a_kiraly

a_kiraly Bobtail Member

Feb 6, 2010
    carrboro,nc
    I understand your point Allow me. however we did not get to the point of setting up an orientation date. I was supposed to get back with him and then take it from there. Anyway, I wrote a letter to the review board to see why they did not accept my application. I will be very curious as to what they will say( that is if they answer it.) thanks for your input it actually had a good point and that is maybe where the beast is buried. I wil post it when I received an answer.

11. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.