Not happy anymore

Discussion in 'PAM' started by djtrype, Oct 31, 2010.

1. djtrype

djtrype Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    I do what I can to help this company anytime they ask me to. But over the 3 years I've asked for maybe 3 or 4 favors of my own while completing dozens of favors asked of me. Well, I need a favor this weekend and seems the company has left me out to dry. I put in for home time Monday for today. 6 days, seems pretty easy to do. Problem is I was in the shop since Wednesday due to APU and recall problems. Got everything fixed by Friday and I advised again I needed to go home. I was roughly 5 hours away in Canton, OH and could have taken any load they needed to Louisville, t-call and go home for a couple of days.

Well weekend dispatch obviously had other plans for me so they sent me to Louisiana for a Sunday drop. Now I'm stuck in Pineville with dispatch telling me there's no freight here. That's just ####### wonderful. I've never seen such opportunistic ######## in my life. I will roll heads if I don't get home by Tuesday morning. This is piss poor planning and most likely disregard for a request. Let's see what Mr. Cushman thinks of that. Eh, who am I kidding. He probably doesn't give a ####.

I miss AFS.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chain Drive

Chain Drive Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Nova Scotia,Canada
  4. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    As soon as I have another job lined up.

5. mysticguido

mysticguido Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Wharton, TX
    Good Luck to You Brother

6. trukngrl

trukngrl Lollipop, lollipop...

Mar 7, 2009
    Manchester, Ga
    I know it is extremely hard when dispatch does this. I give you kudos though for not letting your anger get the best of you and quitting before another job was lined up. To many times we let our anger get the best of us and we do irrational things that we regret later on down the road. Best of luck to you

djtrype Thanks this.
  7. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    Thanks mystic and trukn. I'm doing all I can to not burn my bridge. Just pisses me off how they disregarded my hometime request in lieu of a load delivery. If I sat back and took this they'd do it again, so I had to voice my displeasure. I did so within reason though. Plenty of times I've switched loads with guys to get them home but they couldn't do the same for me. Like I said, no more favors.

8. Everett

Everett Crusty Shorts, What???

Oct 20, 2009
    Hampton,Ia
    No more favors= your fired on site ,in some boodock wahoo place in middel of nowere , happed too me when i wanted too get home for when then ex wife broke her knee and landed in hospital, said nope , keep me running all over ca, long ways from iowa,but like you i help drivers get home, i ran hard for em , but came my turn came the the dispacth just turn the other eye, i said allright no more favors and bam i was fired:biggrin_2556: took a bus home left a lot stuff on truck and listed as aboment of truck , which i did not, i never do that too any company, when i quit , i take too the nearest ternmal and gets detailed the day before, no matter how mad i am with them,then leave it as i found it, i always been that way and ex could not belive what she was reading about me as she knows i keep everything squaky clean,:biggrin_2556: Evrett.

9. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    I hear ya Everett. Right now my ETA to get home is 0630. I have an interview at 0800 for a railroad gig. If I get it, I'm putting in my 2 week notice the moment I'm notified. I'll miss this job but it's my time to do something else for someone else. My family needs me more than this truck does.

trukngrl Thanks this.
  10. VIDEODROME

VIDEODROME Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2007
    angola, in
    Lol. Good luck man. PAM can be a crazy ride. I just made it 2 years with them. As it turned out I left while under medical leave due to crazy gall bladder that had to come out.

That is just about the only sure way to get home time is losing one of your internal organs

11. djtrype

Jan 3, 2009
    New Orleans
    I don't plan on losing anything, much less an organ.

Well, I didn't get that job, but that's OK, because I hear sometimes you have to go to multiple recruiting sessions. While my hopes were dashed momentarily, I'll be applying there again when they post the new job listing.

For the time being, I'll continue to train and do what I can to make myself happy and the company money, but I'm keeping my promise...no more favors.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.