Not So Rusty After All, Hit & Quit. No Way

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by FEELTHEWHEEL, Jun 7, 2011.

1. FEELTHEWHEEL

FEELTHEWHEEL Medium Load Member

Oct 19, 2010
    EL Cajon C.A.
    Back in the Big Truck with CRST. All is going good till I run out of room on I-40 west in Holbrook AZ. In short the lane taperd off into one lane so fast that the 2Nd truck to my left did not see that I was losing lane, So I avoided the Big Crash by staying in my lane. I did hit some barricades along the way. (seven of them) The thing is my co-driver did not have on the safety net in the sleeper, so to keep from launching him up front I did not slam on the brakes. I feel real good about making the right move at the right time to save both our #####. CRST is having doubts about keeping an old new-be, but they did pay my ticket ? (failure to control vehicle) I could lose the job, hard to say. I am feeling deep down inside that the rust is gone and I can move on. Keep On Trucking, Never Look Back !! :Barrier::Barrier::Barrier::Barrier::Barrier::Barrier::Barrier:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. fulgrwnmn

fulgrwnmn Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2008
    whitehouse,oh
    Teams are hard to come by.....and they paid the ticket.............tells me there not getting rid of ya

4. ronin

ronin Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    San Antonio, Texas
    Even if my wife was in the bunk, I'd be apologizing to her as I put her on the floor to save my butt, my driving record, and my truck. We have rugs on the floor, it won't hurt much.

What hurts is having a reallly NASTY (to insurance companies and prospective empoyers) ticket on your record for 3-4 years. Pray CRST doesn't cut you loose, because I promise you'll have a hard time getting work with a note like that on your MVR.

5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    What ever happened to keeping the "big picture" in sight? Did you have something in front of you blocking your view of the upcoming lane closure? Were there no warning signs? Why didn't your co-driver have his net on?

I find this hard to justify, without a bit more information from you. You did have an accident. Thank God it wasn't one that involved injury/death. . .

I'm sort of betting that they will keep you though. Otherwise, why would they have paid the ticket?

ronin, Wargames, mtnMoma and 1 other person Thank this.
  6. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    In my experience, AZ typically has the best traffic signage in all the U.S. and Canada. Large, easy to read signs, well in advance of the area signing for and multiple sets.

ronin and Wargames Thank this.
  7. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

I am feeling deep down inside that the rust is gone and I can move on. Keep On Trucking, Never Look Back !! :biggrin_25526: Seems you have TROUBLE looking FORWARD !

Wargames, ronin and canuck in da truck Thank this.
  8. Heirforce1

Heirforce1 Medium Load Member

May 16, 2011
    The Windy City
    That was mean. Funny, but still mean:biggrin_2559:

FLATBED, Wargames and ronin Thank this.
  9. canuck in da truck

canuck in da truck Road Train Member

Aug 6, 2010
    western pa
    hell just hit the brakes--the truck comes first--if your co-driver falls out of the bunk---just look at him---and say---what you doing?---having a rough sleep?---

RAGE 18, ronin and brsims Thank this.
  10. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Hell, according to CRST's hiring practices, co-drivers are a dime a dozen. Trucks are expensive!

This post reminds me why they are called the Crash and Roll Stunt Team, ya?

ronin Thanks this.
  11. paul 1052

paul 1052 Heavy Load Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Sand Springs, Ok.

It's not the other trucks responsibility if your lane is closing.

ronin and MassHole Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.