Not that new driver just a new experience

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by timidlady, Feb 27, 2020.

1. jammer910Z

jammer910Z Road Train Member

May 28, 2015
    We Older Hands, sadly, all have stories like those.

When you really take inventory of our emotional baggage that we've tacked on over the years, even if it's not OURS personally, it's massive.

Seeing others get devastating news so far from home is tough, and it weighs upon your psyche because you know that eventually it's coming for you.

Cell phones have really made it a whole lot easier.

Crude Truckin' and snowlauncher Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    I'm not (never have) married. Both my parents have passed away now. I live alone today with several people that do H&W checks on me several times a day. This is important to understand in regard to the most devastating phone call I ever got while on the road. I was about 2 days removed from my medical exam and my physician had ordered some testing. My doctor was/is based in Royston Georgia and asked me to call him back when I could get stopped. He did not want to give me bad news while I was driving. I stopped and was almost crying as I listened to him. I actually made a bad mistake as I look back. That very day I should have disqualified myself because I was no longer fit to drive. The physician did tell me we could keep my neurological problems under control, but I was finished as a CMV driver and I knew it. This happened in Dec of 2012. The silver lining was I had already been hired to work as a safety critter. Then as 2012 became 2013 I started to get bad news after bad news, and finally lost ALL my driving priveledges. It stinks, but we have to move past it. I have attempted to become a resource for other new drivers, now my body is not allowing me to do even that.

Yes! We old hands have a lot of emotional baggage. I'm surprised the suicide rates of OTR drivers is not higher then it is.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  4. rudderless

rudderless Bobtail Member

Feb 29, 2020
    California
    RELAX sister... It MIGHT just be EBOLA

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.