Now back at Knight

Discussion in 'Knight' started by crc32, Jun 26, 2010.

1. crc32

crc32 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2010
    North East, Missouri
    Ok, I am back at Knight. I wanted to try something different after my local Lumber Company laid me off. But that didnt work out.

So I quickly called Knight and headed down there Wednesday. Thursday, I took my physical, Drug test and HPE test. Filled out my paperwork, and managed to get it all done in one day.

Friday was spent moving into my 2010 Peterbuilt 387, and waiting for my drug test to come back. Both days, they provided me with a good lunch of the Chicken Tenders and Potatoe Wedges from the store next door, since that is what I said I prefered. This isnt typical, but since I was only going thru rehire orientation, it was somewhat abbreviated.

Unfortunately the drug test results never showed up, and at 5 o'clock I was allowed to come home until Monday morning.

I will post on here about once a week with an update to my miles and pay. It is obvious that freight is starting to move again, and I am anxious to get back out there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN

This is probably the best thing about Knight, they really have a fine sense of gourmet food.

4. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Paging truckerdave1970.

5. tracyq144

tracyq144 Heavy Load Member

Feb 15, 2009
    MN
    LOL! yeah, he'll give unbiased input.

stranger Thanks this.
  6. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    That was a cheap shot!
    who knows maybe this driver will have a different experience, of course I seriously doubt it, but who knows?
    I was 100% honest regarding my time served at the Knight family's concentration camp. I will continue to encourage drivers to seek better employment opportunities elsewhere. Sorry to upset you!

7. stranger

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    I think it was meant as just a little friendly ribbing.

8. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I know that. My skin is a lot thicker than that.
    Going to take a lot more than that to offend me. I have a wife and 3 teenagers who are constantly telling me what a jerk i am i!
    So this does not bother me lol.

crc32 and stranger Thank this.
  9. jubajajo1

jubajajo1 Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2010
    I have said this b4 and Sir Tracy has slammed me as stupid for saying it but believe me its true, If your a team player at Knight, whether your an 0/0 or company driver, if you bring in donuts, coffee, pizzas, cokes, cookies and take any load they give you over the qualcom and dont complain,even though if your an 0/0 and it states you can refuse any load at anytime for any reason, you will get some great loads and if you dont you will sit, you will go hunting for mts, youll get 200 miles trips that take 2 days to do. No I dont exspect a 3000 truck fleet company to do it my way, just do it the way the contract calls for. You can cancel the contract for sure, but kiss your escrow, performance bond, maintenence fee and misc fees good by. I got pizza for my 3 days of orientation and coke in a big bottle. Happy Trucking you lucky b..tards

10. stranger

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    I tend to call that brown nosing, axxx kissing, or whatever. I am a believer that if a driver does a good job, he should be rewarded, not have to bribe and have a nose stuck up a dispatchers butt.

11. jron619

jron619 Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    you have been driving for how long? and you still signed on with Knight?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.