Now temperature checks

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by Harry Flashman, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    This is the same mentality that has led to giving up our freedoms to the government. Not being willing to stand up for what is right, but taking the easy way out. Comply with stupidity, it's easier. You're not looking at the bigger picture.

I could lie like the rest of you, or I could be willing to question practices that aren't right. I choose not to be a part of "feel good" policies that make zero difference. I look at the big picture and think, "what can we do to truly make a difference and end this pandemic?" What these places are doing is not the right answer.

You are too caught up in your emotional responses, "quit crying," and not intelligently analyzing the big picture, which is what this posting was about.

Half measures don't work. I want this to be over as much as any of you. To do that, we need real measures, not "feel good" cop-outs.

Badmon, drvrtech77 and AModelCat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    Drama queen,,,temperature scans are everywhere. They'll catch it next time he has to pee in a cup!,,,that's not a invasion of privacy:rolleyes:

alds and peterd Thank this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    So you feel trying to keep a person who is running a fever away from others is the wrong thing to do? Personally I think you don't understand. In the current world. If companies don't try to insure their employees are protected from covid-19. They are leaving themselves open to huge lawsuits.
    It's the same as requiring you to wear a safety vest. They don't care about if you get hit. They are worried about lawsuits.
    So until people stop suing for spilling their own hot coffee on their lap. You're going to have to deal with this type of situation.

peterd and djsinco Thank this.
  5. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Whether you like it or not they can require a temperature check before they let you on their property. If you think a temperature check is a waste of time wait till they refuse your load and kick you off the property.

6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    "When was the last time this instrument was calibrated and tested by a certified laboratory? May I see your credentials that certify you to handle this testing device?"

TheLoadOut, Badmon and Michael H Thank this.
  7. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    You guys can't see the forest for the trees. It's like talking to a brick wall. You're so caught up in your bubble you aren't actually reading the content.

Badmon Thanks this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Then please explain what we are missing. As for as I can see it's simply a private entity choosing what they wish to do with zero harm to anyone else. If it was the government mandating temp checks that's one thing. But, at least here in MI where we are battling government overreach all over the place, that's one thing the government hasn't mandated.

9. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    The bubble is reality. Not the fantasy you are going on about.

Feel free to refuse it. That is your right. But they also have the right to refuse you access to their property.

Example: your wife has a rule of no shoes on in the house. Guest don't want to take them off. Too bad. Your house your rules.

Your crying about the issue doesn't change the reality.

mpd240, mjd4277, peterd and 2 others Thank this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The way walmart is handling this is an absolute pathetic joke...

User666 and austinmike Thank this.
  11. Badmon

Badmon Heavy Load Member

Oct 6, 2014
    Deep south
    Incredibly well put posts Mr. H. I know theres at least a few of us, but if no one else hears you, I do. Well done.

User666 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.