O.K, so Werner denied my application

Discussion in 'Werner' started by snowbird_89, Apr 20, 2010.

1. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    WTF? I got pre approved, got their brochures in the mail, then i call a recruiter and she tells me the hiring board denied me? I don't get it. I thought they hire new drivers? I have a clean background too.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    What's your job history like? Werner has gotten real picky lately.

4. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    Better now than you riding greyhound for a long ride and get to orientation and then when orientation is over they decide they do not want you and you have the long bus ride home, they did you a favor by turning you down as now you can chose a better company, find a small company to go to.

5. johnday

johnday Road Train Member

Well Danny, do ya feel lucky, well Danny do ya? Ya should, there are other companies out there more deserving of you, even if you are a FNG.
    Good luck guy.:yes2557:

6. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    Your upset that you were denied slave labor by a bottom feeder??? Pffft! Lots of other companies out there that you could get jobs with.

7. ambivalence

ambivalence Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    Look in the phone book or on the internet for a 'driver leasing company' (driver labor pool) in your area and they will set you up with a suitable employer, providing you don't have serious employment/legal histories.:biggrin_25517:

johnday Thanks this.
  8. johnday

Never heard of something like that, is it any good?:biggrin_255:

n

9. ambivalence

ambivalence Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    It's a great way to get experience - may actually find a company you will enjoy working for. Sadly, many (if not most) of the 'clients' have trouble hiring and retaining qualified employees on their own for a variety of reasons.

On the other hand, many companies only need an extra driver on a spot basis - worth looking into IMO. I use them (driver leasing companies) when my regular employment is slow; often a mixed bag but it's a paycheck.:biggrin_25519:

johnday Thanks this.
  10. johnday

Think I'll take a look. Might be something I'd be interested in.:biggrin_255:

11. snowbird_89

snowbird_89 Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Massachusetts
    What's your job history like? Werner has gotten real picky lately.

I worked at Walmart from April 2008 to November 2009. That was the only job I ever had.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.