Oakbrook

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by yankatank, Jan 25, 2019.

1. yankatank

yankatank Medium Load Member

Feb 14, 2018
    anyone actually talked to anyone from Oakbrook(main office..not Log Ops)? A) they have some really weird names and B) they don't seem all that 'bright'. Example, they kicked my wife off of our insurance, went in and explained(which I HAVE been explaining to Oakbrook for MONTHS that my wife works PART TIME AND NOT OFFERED INSURANCE), yet my terminal manager finally told them the situation and they said, oh...ok she can be on it then. Now I have to wait a whole year for her to be back on it, since they waited to say, A MONTH AFTER, open enrollment!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
  4. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    yeah...Paul Newman doesn't help with mistakes. He's dead!

5. Ozzyjacobs

Ozzyjacobs Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Northeast
    Any issues like that in the future just call Human Resources and don’t wait for terminal manager. I’ve learned some issues are beyond terminal level.

6. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    HA! I called HR and they didn't do ANYTHING! Said her job has insurance....yet she's part time and NOT offered it. ALL school systems have insurance, duh, but it mainly for teachers and staff, not cafeteria workers, who are part time.

7. Ozzyjacobs

Ozzyjacobs Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Northeast
    I know several people who had gone through this. The only thing the spouse had to do was provide a letter from employer stating that insurance was not offered. Sorry to hear about your troubles. My insurance is through my wife and not the company. Every year I have to show proof of insurance to stay on the Opt-out program.

yankatank Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Trucking is not the government tit security that our blessed education employees enjoy for life from cradle to grave. //sarcasm.

9. yankatank

Feb 14, 2018
    another HA! The school system won't provide a letter like you said. I even had her ask for one. Oh well, we should, SHOULD be good come Dec. since I was told I can re-enroll her then, if they deny her again, I guess it's back to LTL for me. But, from reading on here and FB, seems most tanker companies are doing this more than all other 'freight carriers'...weird.

10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    The principal at the school probably would have been good enough for a letter. Type it up yourself and have her take it in and get it signed. That's far easier than wading through government bureaucracy. This was purely a communication issue.

11. oldtrucker66

oldtrucker66 Light Load Member

Jan 1, 2015
    What would happen to your insurance if you quit? It would end.
    What would happen to your insurance if you were rehired the next day? You would have insurance and so would your wife - without having to wait until next year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.