Oakley transport

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Ddr1992 579, Jun 27, 2020.

1. MarquisK

MarquisK Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    Oakley is currently turning over a third of their fleet every year. Ordering upwards of 200+ trucks a year. Soon all the old 630s will be gone. I think the only ones left are 2018 models.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Southtxhauler420

Southtxhauler420 Light Load Member

Nov 29, 2016
    Whats an average pay for company drivers doing food grade liquid for Oakley? I live in South TX. Are there any pick up or drop off spots in that area? Had covid had any effect on the amount of work yall are getting? Thanks for any information guys.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  4. MarquisK

MarquisK Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL

Couldn’t tell you the average pay, there’s multiple pay packages depending on where you’re located out of & what kind of freight you pull. For me, my paychecks usually clear 1000+ take home.

There’s a yard in Laredo. I know Savannah ships out some stuff to Texas, not exactly sure where. I’ve never been that far west here so don’t quote me on that. All my information I know about Texas is from me being nosy on conference calls.

Liquid slowed down some when COVID 19 first hit. Bulk never did. If anything it picked up. We’re running pretty strong. Too many loads, not enough drivers. Oakley turns down customers who approach them to pull loads everyday. There’s just simply not enough drivers to cover them.

5. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    I just put in my application. I wish you would have reavhed out to me earlier.

6. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Odd, I know someone who applied at Oakley a couple months ago and was told they only had dry van positions. This was at the Lake Wales terminal.

7. MarquisK

MarquisK Bobtail Member

Mar 27, 2019
    Jacksonville, FL
    I’m sure that’s possible. I personally know somebody who applied a couple months ago too and got offered van and told he couldn’t do tanks bc of where he lives. I also know somebody in my orientation class that got pushed into van. Not sure where he was from though.

Redtwin Thanks this.
  8. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    Well i applied yesterday. I have 1.5 years flat bed OTR at prime inc and 1 year tanker fuel hauling local with kenan advantage. Havnt drove since may of 2018 though. Ill let yall know what they tell me.

9. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    Just got accepted for orientation as long as all my information checks out, which it should. Ill talk to someone tomorrow to find out more details. I called today and a recruiter looked over my information and said i qualified, sent me an acceptance letter and I talk to the person who's going to walk me threw getting all the proper documents in order for orientation.

Only thing was when i first called a week ago they couldn't tll me much as far as pay, if they're hiring, hometime, ECT, because i hadn't put in an application.

Then i put in an application and they want to send me to orientation already. Lol. I still dont know any details. I'll ask them tomorrow when they call though. I'll let yall know what they say.

MarquisK Thanks this.
  10. Redtwin

Redtwin Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2012
    PBC, FL
    Keep us posted,those new Volvos they have sure look nice inside.

11. Southtxhauler420

Nov 29, 2016
    Can you tell me how the pay and hone time work? I know you said it varies but maybe let us know how it works for you. I'll being do OTR. Do you get paid the same empty and loaded? Do you get paid to load/unload? Do you get detention pay when waiting to get loaded or unloaded?
    Any kind of bonus you get that not to ridiculous to qualify for such as MPG bonus? I saw on youtube they have a safety bonus you can qualify for but only if you don't disable the inward facing camera. What's that safety bonus? Thanks for taking the time to read/reply.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.