OD Entry Level

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by 101driver, Sep 6, 2012.

1. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    The good thing about teams is they are at $.65 cpm now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Skinny78

Skinny78 Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Yeah, i shoulda went for it but hopefully i can get into it after the dock for awhile.

4. Nightwind8830

Nightwind8830 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Chicago,IL
    This company sounds by far and away better than anything else out there and they're 30 min away from me....I like that you have to apply in person...I've been looking at the bigger OTR mega carriers but this sounds like a way better starting point. So they start you working the dock and you wait to be a driver?

5. Wild Root

Wild Root Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2013
    East Tennessee
    No they have a driver trainee cdl program you can go straight on and do that. Think its $12 or $13 hr while getting training. You may have to work dock a week or so as part of it. If you got cdl i guess you can do it faster. Call and schedule appointment for application.

Nightwind8830 Thanks this.
  6. white wolf

white wolf Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2013
    minneeessoooota
    Whatever you do as a trainer here at od make sure your honest on your application and everything matches like past accidents injurys work record etc they will really check all these things over that is why they get the better employees of the group

7. Nightwind8830

Nightwind8830 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Chicago,IL
    Thats not a problem for me ,ive got a clean record and a stable employment history and dont do any drugs. broke my wrist last year,not sure if something like that can affect getting hired

8. white wolf

white wolf Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2013
    minneeessoooota
    No but be sure to disclose it had similar situation with my knee when I got hired they wanted a doctor to look at it but it wasnt a issue Well anyways good luck

9. NoobiDriver

NoobiDriver Light Load Member

Sep 11, 2014
    How far back do they want on your job history?

10. OzzyOKC

OzzyOKC Light Load Member

May 29, 2010
    Durant, OK
    as far as driving a local daycab, is there much loading/unloading? I'm too out of shape right now to do a lot of lifting every day right now, but would be interested otherwise

11. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    Depends if you're interested in P&D or linehaul. I'm a linehaul driver and all I lift is myself in and out of the cab, and the dolly to position it in front of my tail trailer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.