Odessa/Midland

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by JordanS, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Arky

Arky Heavy Load Member

Jun 7, 2013
    good advice...it may take a few tries but you can usually get a free shower...dont be afraid to ask more than once.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    I am one of those local drivers who never uses the shower credit, and I have handed them out when asked. And since we fuel at a sinclair, that uses the fuel receipt for showers, I just hand then the yellow copy.

4. hunnydew

hunnydew Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2012
    I wouldn't really want to do the tent thing here...the rattlesnakes are bad around here.

5. azjonnie

azjonnie Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2008
    Crossville, TN
    Schneider National will pay you for training help with housing. Good pay and benefits. Send me an email. I can get a referral. I use google mail. azjonnie

Odessa Bound Thanks this.
  6. Odessa Bound

Odessa Bound Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Thanks azjonnie. I am reading the "Schneider Oil Field Truck Driver Jobs" thread and it looks pretty good so far.

7. Odessa Bound

Aug 5, 2013
    Nevermind, on page 63 someone said they arn't taking newbees anymore and they no longer have a driving school.

8. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    If I were you I would call schneider and see what they say. There are cdl schools all over the place. You will need to go to an accredited school then Sunoco might hire you.

9. Odessa Bound

Aug 5, 2013
    I have my cdl with hazmat and tanker. I worked for 4 months in oilfield driving but it was a couple of years ago. I thought that quick driving school in Dallas was perfect for me. I could refresh my driving at help me get on in Odessa.

I will look up Sunoco and see what their like.

10. Chibob

Chibob Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    Talk to a recruiter. PM Arky, he can hook you up with a phone number. He just got hired at Sunoco.

11. security58

security58 Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2012
    Buddy of mine working for sanjel, 3 years in and already frac supervisor...making 110k plus..works 2 weeks on 1off...out of the cibolo yard, working in Catarina, tx

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.