ofc schmidt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by murat, Mar 17, 2011.

1. mgfg

mgfg Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Who cares....as long as it's fit for the road and comfortable.

roaddawg92 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dreaman

Dreaman Medium Load Member

Sep 18, 2007
    Iowa
    Nitro I am curious where your information is coming from. Not saying they are good or bad you seem to have a very strong opinion for someone listed as a student.:biggrin_2554:

roaddawg92 Thanks this.
  4. blotzerlo

blotzerlo Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2012
    plattsmouth, ne
    Comment to nitro184

I have worked at OFC Schmidt for 15+ years, and I know that if you are a diligent, hard working employee, the owners will treat you as you should be treated. If the company is such a poor place to work, why on god's green earth are you still there? (Student) You should feel lucky in this economy that you were even given a chance to be a driver for such a company. I find it quite humorous that we see alot of drivers, etc. think that the grass is greener on the other side but yet they always seem to come back to OFC Development Corp. and Schmidt Transportation. Thanks for reading, A very loyal employee!
    :biggrin_2559:

5. employed101

employed101 Bobtail Member

Jan 4, 2012
    Bellevue, Ne
    Can you tell me more about this company? I found an ad online.

6. keepontruckin99

keepontruckin99 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2011
    omaha, ne
    Employed101: You can find their website at LiquidTrucking (com). They have a mini application there if you want to apply. I know plenty of drivers at OFC-Schmidt and they make close to 60k/year or more and still get home weekends. One guy I know there makes over 80k, but he chooses to be out a lot more. That's one thing about OFC-Schmidt. They're always busy and will keep you rolling as much you want. On that note, if you want a lot of miles, you should give the tanker industry a shot. There's not much loading/unloading time or waiting around for loads, so the miles tend to be much better. And weekends at home keep you sane. Not all tanker companies will get you home on weekends, but many will, and OFC-Schmidt does a good job of it. And they pay for all miles on the odometer.

7. donzilla379

donzilla379 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    missouri valley iowa
    i start with ofc monday.. i have to say that the interveiw went very well, i spent 1.5 just talking with dave and he was very honest and didnt try try to b.s. me.
    in my 16 years of trucking i really believe i found a home. i also believe they are sincere when they say we take care of are drivers.. we will see..

8. donkeyshow72

donkeyshow72 Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Do they cover a radius from their terminal to get you back for the weekend?

9. keepontruckin99

keepontruckin99 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2011
    omaha, ne
    Yep, you get paid whenever you're rolling, loaded or unloaded, and that includes coming home for the weekends. That's just one reason why the pay is better at OFC-Schmidt than most of the industry. A lot of places advertise things like 49cents a mile, but then you find out it doesn't include all sorts of types of miles. OFC-Schmidt pays you for all miles driven, and most of your downtime hours too. And if you happen to get stuck out over the weekend (rare) you get a bonus for that as well. That's why cents per mile isn't a good way to pick a company. Better to ask a company what the fleet average is. OFC-Schmidt was $55K a year in 2011 and they just put in a 2012 pay raise so that will go up. So combine that kind of pay with getting home weekends, versus making $40K and not getting home weekends at a "49 cents a mile" company. What sounds better to you? That's why OFC-Schmidt drivers tend to stay and make a career of it.

murat Thanks this.
  10. murat

murat Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2009
    nebraska
    I have been talking to a couple ex OFC drivers I met, both are semi retired that's why they left and they had no complaints to speak of.I have been driving part time now for four years and have been thinking about going full time .I just don't want to do that OTR being gone for 10 days thing, I have done that years ago and it's not for me now.The drivers I know were home every night and took their trucks home which I think is a great bonus.I think the home every night thing is probably an exception and not the norm because I don't see that in their adds.

11. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    It sounds like a good place since I see more good than bad in the posts. The only problem I have with your statement is the part that reflects the industry as a whole. "You should feel lucky in this economy........". As CSA 2010 continues to thin the driver pool, that attitude that many companies have had since 08/09 will change.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.