ofc schmidt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by murat, Mar 17, 2011.

1. roaddog184

roaddog184 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Iowa
    I've been with OFC for almost a year. It is a fine place to be. The mechanics bend over backwards to make sure your truck is safe to drive and in 100% working order. They have good benefits. They just changed their pay options so you can optimize your income to your needs. If you want miles or hours, depending if you choose per mile pay or hourly pay, they are there for the taking. Like I said, I've only been there less then a year and it is my first driving job but I like it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Captnkickbutt

Captnkickbutt Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Omaha ne
    Ok...here we go...Nitro, why are you still working here if you have such a negative outlook on OFC/Schmidt? I've been here 7 years and don't agree with your comments at all. Ask other drivers here and you will find why they've been here so long. I also know guys that have left and come back to work here; does that tell you anything about our employer? As for the texting... You know very well those that were texting and driving and were in a wreck no longer work here. That being said... The owners and all the office staff know is by name not a number...and I can't see how you can sit there and bash the guys we work for. Yes there are rare issues with dispatch you must realize no one is perfect at their job 100% of the time; we all make mistakes. So instead of bashing the company from hiding behind you computer or smart phone, politely discuss your concerns with management, they are wiling to listen.

4. keepontruckin99

keepontruckin99 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2011
    omaha, ne
    Actually those home nightly positions have been pretty much phased out by OFC-Schmidt. You can expect to get home for the weekends and occasional weeknights but not every night. Those home-nightly positions were still profitable back in the days of cheap fuel. Hasn't been the case for some years now. The one exception to this woud be if you're training other drivers. But it takes some seniority to become a trainer. The one great thing about OFC-Schmidt is if you are one of those drivers that wants to be out for a couple-few weeks at a time you get rewarded for it. It's not expected of you, but it's there for you if you just want to haul ### and make bank. That's how some guys make $80K a year there.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
    donkeyshow72 Thanks this.
  5. donkeyshow72

donkeyshow72 Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Does anyone know if they sign o/o or just company trucks

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  6. roaddog184

roaddog184 Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Iowa
    Company drivers only.

7. Klatu

Klatu Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Argyle, TX
    I don't care. They said we could text and drive. :biggrin_2559:

8. mockman

mockman Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Omaha, Ne
    they are not bad, pretty organized, take care of their equipment, will fix anything once you get to know them, hub miles, they leave the driving and navigation up to the drivers and keep you moving, pick your logs over pretty good, ran coast to coast, never talked to them much, much better company than anyone I met since, very good dispatchers and mechanics, other drivers some are okay, never knew many, all in all, treat a driver pretty good if you are doing a good job, like any trucking company, you never see anyone, so hard to get to know anyone, I liked the work, stayed busy, ran plenty of miles, they never let any grass grow under you, miles made up for the lower pay, get paid about anyway you want, guess they try to make it work out all about the same whether you do longhaul or short haul, saw home once a week usually, occasionally they would keep me out for 2 weeks, but paid 150 for the restart, pretty fair, it made them money me staying out and they made it worth my while to complete the runs versus bring them thru the yard. I liked working for them, just was time to move on I guess, my first otr job, most of their customers were pretty good people and nice to work with, alot of times better than OFC/Schmidt, guess I saw more of them than anyone else, just a job, get some hot water for the truck wash and a fuel pump that was not so slow and it would be a perfect place to work

9. donkeyshow72

Oct 25, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    To bad they don't lease owner ops

10. mockman

mockman Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Omaha, Ne
    no thanks, they did that once I guess, don't know, they probably starved them all off like most of those companies do

11. donkeyshow72

Oct 25, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    may roaddog or keepontrucking can settle the story, dosent sound like a place to do people like that, but thx mockman:biggrin_25517:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.