ofc schmidt

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by murat, Mar 17, 2011.

1. mockman

mockman Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Omaha, Ne
    I would not know, just heard some ######## from one of the other drivers. Mostly let it go in one ear and out the other, don't think they have ever done the O/O thing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mockman

mockman Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Omaha, Ne
    They are about like all of them, they pick the logs so they don't have to pay your bonuses. They will have you pull placards, vent the lid and leave valves open, so that they can reload molasses on top of chemicals to get a backhaul, maybe send you a phony bill of lading so you can wash hazmat out at a nonhazmat tankwash. Win or lose in court over a speeding ticket, your truck will get slowed down. you know all the usual, boss is always right kind of stuff. Okay to violate hours of service to load at nite during your 10 hour break. Put fuel in off duty to get a shower they will right you up for 7 violations and you get no bonus. Do the long haul, never talk to them and it is okay place. They give plenty of miles if you run them. Ding a trailer, it comes out of your bonus. layover they won't explain, sometimes they pay it sometimes not,towards end they paid $150.00 for a restart if you could not get home. don't ask for directions they will tell you to get your computer out as you have nothing better to do than beatoff. kind of nice sometimes, do not drink beer with roger, he gets a few in him, then he can outdrive the whole company, he can go backwards faster than you can go forward, believe me, he has the codes to slow your truck down, you ding a trailer its your fault no matter what, someone rolls one both directions cause a bolt is missing out of landing gear, that is everyones fault, from management, the mechanics and the driver. you call in for a comchek, they will cuss you out cause they have no authorization, you go back to the truck get a t-chek someone else will answer, well I can do a comchek, after you go get a t-chek and have it filled out, best just not to talk to them if at all possible. K & B, were bigger ######## as far as I am concerned, they did not pay me either and #####ed when the truck needed something fixed. OFC had some nice customers though, I liked all of them

4. keepontruckin99

keepontruckin99 Bobtail Member

May 23, 2011
    omaha, ne
    I assume you're asking about Owner Operators? Nope, all OFC-Schmidt drivers are employees. The company was started in 1989 by a mechanic, which has really been their secret weapon, along with their tank washbays. They train their mechanics well and save a lot of money by keeping the trucks in good shape, fuel-efficient, clean etc. Of course Owner Operators have to do that too these days to stay in business, but it's just a different business model.

5. mockman

mockman Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Omaha, Ne
    No, I did not quit that place to be a part of it again. Its okay place to work in a way, just was not for me. I am not the loyal employee type. Just did not care for some of their practices, imagine that is why the owner is not with Hill Brothers anymore too. Loyalty! Christ what is it a crime to quit a job.

6. mockman

mockman Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2012
    Omaha, Ne
    Double standards and pencil necking, no thanks

7. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Any new info on this outfit. Thinking about yanking tankers if Landstar approval doesn't go through after my first year is up.

8. #wishfulthinking

#wishfulthinking Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Central Iowa
    Does Liquid/OFC/Schmidt/Barto have a pet policy? Do they have a rider policy? I couldn't find any information on this on their website or anywhere else.

9. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.