Off Duty Time

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by gravelhauler, Apr 4, 2024.

1. gravelhauler

gravelhauler Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Lake Charles, La
    If I'm passing by the terminal and need to go take care of some personal business can I log off duty, get in my personal vehicle, go take care of my personal business, then go back on duty/driving and continue my day? Also if I spend an hour off duty can I work an hour later that day? I've asked 3 people and got 3 different answers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Yes.......

No.......

If/when you log off duty, your 14 continues to run until you have 10 hours off. Then it resets.

There are some exceptions that are different, like logging sleeper....
    But, that wasnt your question & you cant log sleeper if your in your car driving around town taking care of business..

4. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    taking one hour break wont stop your 14 hr clock.
    if you took 2hrs off you can do a split sleeper.
    hours left on your 11 and 14 when you clock out flr your break is what you will have when you end the two hrs.
    when you are done for the day the 8 hrs has to be in sleeper berth to make the split coumtnt

5. Jamie01

Jamie01 Light Load Member

Dec 13, 2020
    You can work as long as you want, but you can't drive beyond 14 hours after you came on duty, unless you use the split sleeper berth rules to stop your clock.

Numb Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.