Off to averitt

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by bayou-country, Apr 8, 2017.

1. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I wouldn't do TL at Avrt either. But the company has good benefits, predictable rules, good equipment, and they don't screw up your paycheck. You never have to worry "what gimmick are they trying to get away with." Avrt isn't for everyone, but they are a good company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bamamac

bamamac Medium Load Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Alabaster,Alabama
    I agree. Depending where you live there are a lot of good opportunities with Averitt. TL is hit and miss. Don't understand why, but it is

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Get empty by 7am wait until 2 pm to find out where you will get loaded, rush like heck to make it and then drive all night to make tomorrow's 7am appointment. That's what TL guys tell me. No thanks.

chopper103in and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  5. chopper103in

chopper103in Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Crossville,Tn
    I agree

6. bayou-country

bayou-country Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Well I ended up turning the company down all together. Don't believe the pay I'd expect is there. I'll just stay where I'm at. Thanks everyone for the information

chopper103in and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  7. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Good deal. At least you looked into it and did some research instead of taking words at face value.

8. puros_bran

puros_bran Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2017
    I ran there for four years out of the London-Corbin yard. That's been over a 15 years ago. Doc, and 4/5 other guys had seniority on me. I knew I was stuck in TL or would have to move to advance. I ended up tanking for a decade and then went horse hauling until I was medically retired.

chopper103in Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.