Official 2009 DOT Audit Thread/Rumor Mill

Discussion in 'Anderson' started by Sinister, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Sinister

Sinister Light Load Member

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin, US of A.
    Yeah, I can see that happening in HH now that you mention it. Takes all day to load, and BLAMO, you're violated and haven't even left the port yet, and are still romping on chain binders.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Well I have a slow trk. and you try and get all the miles you can for the day.
    Then the sky spy says you stopped here, but you logged over there..

Then you run 7 days straight during the summer and get dinged again.
    Right now this cluster run I'm on it seems like every other day I'm getting a restart..
    Permits keep dropping the ball

4. Sinister

Sinister Light Load Member

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin, US of A.
    I would imagine this close to Thanksgiving, the audit is all but over. An update from The Granite Palace would be great...

5. jameseigner

jameseigner Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Garrettsville, Oh
    sounds like you all need to find another company to work for one without e-logs once in place your miles will b cut this= low paycheck

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

I heard that the DOT will be at the big house next week.

Have friend going there for meeting and they put it off untill the end of the wk.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

7. bucksplitter

bucksplitter Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2010
    so what ever happen with the audit

8. terrylamar

terrylamar Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2006
    Austin, TX
    We seemed to have passed. I guess they were told to implement a few changes, or have done so on their own. The biggest was we cannot drive more than 850 miles without a 10 hour break. There is talk of paperless lofs. Official policy is to run legal logs.

Drivers coming from outlaw companies complain about how restrictive it is, those of us coming from more compliant companies can't believe how loose it is. It is all a matter of perspective, I guess.

9. RECON08

RECON08 Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2008
    Hudsonville, MI
    keep in mind, with CSA2010 now officially going into affect nov this year, companies are now putting every violation you make and accident, preventable or not, on your csa and your DAC. Now the ruling has also come down on ELOGS. July 10,2012 any company that has a record of being a habitual offender of HOS or any driver, will be mandatory ELOGS. Right now, many of these companies are already going ELOGS to try to put themselves in a better situation. Now I can tell ya this, I left a company on ELOGS, if you think they can't edit or change your logs to roll you when in fact you don't have HOS, your dead wrong, they can. Some of these companies are now even going to the point ot telling drivers no more 34 resets, not allowed, you run out of HOS you call us, we will fix it, you don't, clean out your truck. so best advice, if your not running legal, start, or you may come Nov of this year be out of a job when CSA2010 goes into affect. right now the saferstat site that all DOT use to look at a companies safety score when you hit the scales, on the specialized side is 72. It shows the biggest issue, is the safety management. drivers were the lowest and vehicle maint was in the middle, but safety management individual score was way up there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.