OH Bound - April 15

Discussion in 'Millis' started by rarudi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Harleys4Life

Harleys4Life Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Madison, NC
    Congrats on finishing up and getting your truck. I have about 7k miles in right now and I test for my CDL on Thursday. Looking forward to being out on my own.

rarudi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rock-N-Roll_Trucker

Rock-N-Roll_Trucker Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Orwigsburg, PA
    This was an awesome thread. Thanks Rarudi for taking the time to post everything you went through. I am heading to Trenton for October 28th and I am excited. It only leaves me 2 weeks to get everything ready, but I am sure I can get it done. It was nice to see that other people are nervous and worry about the same things that have been swimming through my mind. I can't wait to start.

4. nicknack

nicknack Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    Good luck, you'll enjoy Bill pretty funny guy.

5. rarudi

rarudi Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Annville PA
    You should read Baritone's thread too. His was instrumental in tilting me toward Millis.

You'll have a great time with Bill in Trenton. Best of luck to you and your fellow classmates!

BTW, while i'm here I should add that I'm having a great time out here. The road life is nicely suited to me, and I turn it all into one great big adventure. Once you're out on your own just focus on staying safe, delivering on time, & not sweating the small stuff and you'll do just fine.

MTownZ and Solo_Seat Thank this.
  6. Rock-N-Roll_Trucker

Oct 14, 2013
    Orwigsburg, PA
    Thanks I am looking foreword to it. I have my class B CDL and drove dump truck and straight truck for years. I am not worried about shifting, just about the trailer and backing and missing the kids.

I used to live in Pine Grove up the ways a bit from Annville. Back when I played in bands I was friends with a guy named Bryan who lived in the old firehouse on the main street of Annville. He used to be in a band called Ballistic. Now the acoustic scene suits me just fine. I play out ever other weekend in an acoustic duo, it is going to be hard to give that up, but I really want to drive the "Big Rigs".

I am glad to hear you are still enjoying it, and I will check out that other thread.

Drive Safe!

7. rarudi

rarudi Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Annville PA
    Lol, small world. I recorded Balistic at my studio and used to make CDs for them. Know Brian well. Was schoolmates with Dave, the bass player. I played in a hair band called Bashful back in the day. Carry my 12-string everywhere up in the top bunk and break it out as a stress reliever these days...

8. Blinkd

Blinkd Bobtail Member

Oct 14, 2013
    Lock Haven, PA
    I start at Millis Training Institute in Trenton on October 28th too Rock-n-Roll Trucker, I was curious if there was going to be anyone else starting that day.

9. Rock-N-Roll_Trucker

Oct 14, 2013
    Orwigsburg, PA
    Awesome Blinkd, hopefully I will see you there. I am getting a new DOT physical tomorrow and I am taking the permit tests Saturday. Hopefully all goes smooth and I can fax them to Alice on Monday, or she said I will have to wait until November to go to class. I didn't decide on Millis for sure until early this week and I figured I had 2 weeks to get everything together. Oh well, I work better under pressure anyway....haha

10. Rock-N-Roll_Trucker

Oct 14, 2013
    Orwigsburg, PA
    Well it was a marathon, but I got everything done in time to fax to Alice tomorrow. I got my new physical on Friday and I fought my way through DMV Hell on Saturday and got my CDL A Permit. Now just trying to get all my affairs in order and get enough cash scraped together to last me a few weeks while in training. I was accepted by several different trucking companies, and a lot of them would have been easier choices (no money down, cash advance while in school, transportation to the hotel). But I feel after the initial sacrifice of paying money in and not getting paid for a bit, my choice will pay off. I also think it weeds out the people who are serious about a trucking career, from the ones just looking for a free ride.

I am going to start a new thread with our new start date and post questions and concerns alone the way.

11. freebird1969

freebird1969 Light Load Member

Oct 4, 2013
    gallipolis,oh
    well rock-n-roll looks like i'm going to try to get in nov's class if I can get the TAA to get on the ball and get there paperwork done

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.