!!!!!!Oh S*** Think I Screwed Up Bad!!!!!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by The Headless Horseman, Aug 12, 2011.

1. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    I wouldn't worry too much.

From a letter by Daniel England to FMCSA about proposed regulations. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CBkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.truckline.com%2FAdvIssues%2FSafety%2FDocuments%2F072111%2520FINAL%2520Commerce%2520Cmte%2520Hearing%2520Testimony%2520Final.pdf&ei=2J5GTq-yEe3ViALzyM3cAQ&usg=AFQjCNH2eJq3WmP4RmxEaQHzJ-_usNJthg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    First of all,,,they can take hair from anywhere; except pubic areas...
    2nd of all... if you smoked a whole joint that night, you will still be okay... it takes consistant usesage to get the chemical into your system, and raise the level of what they consider a druggie.. When testing they look for a level of the chemical, which means we already have a certain amount of that chemical in our bodies, weather we do pot or not.

Here is a nice little quote I got from the internet concerning "pot" testing in urine and hair; "The detection of marijuana is currently less sensitive than the other drugs in identifying low level drug users, but is considered approximately equal to urinalysis in identifying marijuana users".

4. rocknsand

rocknsand Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Tonganoxie, KS
    Now go beat the livin' crap out of your brother for putting you thru all this grief, just because he is an idiot, and wants to bring you down to his level of stupidity.

5. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    :biggrin_2556::biggrin_2559:

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I'd agree with everyone else, don't sweat it.

7. goodchoice10

goodchoice10 Heavy Load Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
  8. roehl929

roehl929 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2011
    Cleveland, TN
    This is the first hair follicle issue thread where some goody twoshoes hasn't said "well we don't need drug abusers in our industry" lol is TTR growing up? :biggrin_2559:

Longshot34 Thanks this.
  9. Longshot34

Longshot34 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2010
    InTheSticks, USA
    I'm not going to read all of the comments on here. I'm going to make this short. Hair testing is extremely expensive! Not to mention time consuming. That said, if, and that is a HUGE IF, if they decided to go with a hair test there are countless products you can use to wash your hair with that will "clean" your hair from root to tip. Some products give a %500 money back guarantee!!!
    As for the weed...a couple of puffs, during one night is not going to be enough for a lab to detect after more then a week. (depending on body fat, grade of pot, etc.) I know, I know, everyone says 30 to 45 days. Sure, if you smoked the whole joint, or smoked a couple of times before the first sitting could clear your system. In short, a heavy, moderate or even a light smoker will take 30 days or longer to clean up...a one time smoker with only a few "puffs", and you will be clean in 10-14 days max!

Ah yes, this is a subject that I am very familiar with as my younger years were...lets say, a little wild! But everyone grows up and learns the error of their ways.

I hope this helps you. Just don't do it again man. Even if you had not had a full blown panic attack and had a blast doing it...it still wouldn't be worth losing everything!!!

10. Longshot34

Longshot34 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2010
    InTheSticks, USA
    LOL...after posting my last post I went back and read some of the comments...I'm very suprised to hear hair testing is being practiced by so many companies!!! Hair testing is extremely expensive (comparatively) and far more time consuming then urine! Just really suprised!

11. Dave_AL

Dave_AL Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2011
    AL
    We don't need drug abusers in our industry.

(This is just for roehl929 - hope it makes the thread more complete :) )

Big Don and roehl929 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.