Ohio 511 resource, what do you use?

Discussion in 'Heavy Haul Trucking Forum' started by brianv31, Apr 25, 2019.

1. brianv31

brianv31 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2010
    IL I-74 mile 149
    Does Ohio have an online resource similar to other states' 511 maps for looking at dimension restrictions on their roads? I have not found such a thing for Ohio if it exists.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Landincoldfire

Landincoldfire Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2015
    New Holland, Pa
    Ohio likes to keep you guessing.

brianv31 Thanks this.
  4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I'm from Ohio and I've not heard of anything like that. Some bridges have metal signs riveted to them telling you the height, I don't know how accurate those signs are though...

See the thing about Ohio is most municipalities them selves really don't know the rules or like to make the rules up as they go or tell you, you can't go somewhere when really you can. For years and years everyone was under the impression that you couldn't take a truck down Hilliard Blvd then all of a sudden a few signs popped up saying that you could take a truck down Hilliard Blvd. I was so confused I called the local police station and asked what the rule was. The nice lady on the other end said some burocrates got there wires crossed, and turns out the city couldn't ban trucks like they wanted to so instead they got signs saying that trucks were indeed allowed on that road.

Now the nice lady at the police station who answered the phone though said that Patrolmen Hine was the real authority to talk to about the truck signs as it's his job to police all the commercial vehicles in that city. But she said if the sign says it's okay then it's okay, like that Ace of Base song from 1992 I saw the sign.

5. brianv31

brianv31 Light Load Member

Mar 5, 2010
    IL I-74 mile 149
    ohgo.com is the only thing I have found, but it does not provide any details about the particular restriction

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.