Oil Pressure Gremlin Please Help

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by NoLuckCanuck, Mar 13, 2015.

1. NoLuckCanuck

NoLuckCanuck Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Ok I am in a world of hurt. I have a 2007 VNL780 with the D16 and I just had the tranny replaced. I go to pick up my trailers and the truck gives me the master alarm and shuts down saying no oil pressure. The dash gauge says the oil pressure is right where it needs to be. We put a mechanical on it and pressure is reading correctly on dash gauge. We change the sensor. Still the same. Change the ECM and still no change. Did a 40 pin test and not showing shorts. We drove it with the snap on computer and no red flags.my mechanic and every dealership I call is drawing a blank. Please help this is going to bankrupt me.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Can we assume that there wasn't a problem before the tranny change? Was this your first attempted run after the new trans?

4. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Had similar problem with my 2000 Volvo with the N14 Cummins-in the end it was a loose wire in the back of the oil pressure gauge in the dash. Like you it took a long time to find it, very aggravating.

5. d281833

d281833 Heavy Load Member

May 15, 2012
    I've got a D13 and just had a problem with oil pressure fluctuating, it was the left oil pressure sensor, because on these engines there's apparently 2 sensors. One on the left side of the engine, one on the right. Don't know if the D16's are the same.

6. Ransom2007

Ransom2007 Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2017
    Bakerman, I'm looking at a 2000 Volvo VNL with the N14. The guy only wants $7,000 for it. He is actually still running it. But due to the age I'm a little hesitant.

Have you had many problems with yours?

Is there specific things i should look for when inspecting the truck?

7. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    What are the specs & how many miles? Is it in good shape, well taken care of?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.