oilfield pay

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by qtrucking101, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    And the company in question is?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Voodoo Pyg

Voodoo Pyg Oink! Oink!

Jan 25, 2015
    Texas
    Well the company I presently work for pays percentage to the drivers. If I'm right, it's about 26% of the load. Keep in mind that we do run on paper logs aka coloring books. I've only ever had one low check (see my post in this forum) and I've seen checks ranging from the mid $1000 range to the mid $2000 range with some of the others and myself. Just be prepared to run like the Devil himself is on you of you want to make that kind of scratch. Welcome to the oilfield.

4. ur2ez83

ur2ez83 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Clayton, NY
    Sounds about right

5. Rockdoctor

Rockdoctor Medium Load Member

Stay out of East TX for now, it's getting hard to make a decent check.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  6. Eninety2

Eninety2 Medium Load Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Same goes for south Texas.

7. windchaser7

windchaser7 Bobtail Member

Sad to hear the pay is off. I ran in the Permian Basin (West Texas) back in the early 2000's. The money was good. It was nothing to rake in $3,200 but you had to run hard. I watched many seasoned OTR drivers quit and return to OTR because they just could not handle the desert heat, no restrooms, no restaurants, and at times, very little sleep. When Bush was in office, DOT let us run right through the scales, no problem. We ran 80 MPH everywhere we went. Car's would take the shoulder and let us roll right past. I guess it was kind of intimidating to watch an 18 wheeler with 50,000 pounds of sand grow in your rearview mirror. We eat well and ran hard. Ft. Stockton was a metropolis, complete with roads, signs, and a security force that handed out traffic tickets. Then suddenly-one day, it all just vanished. They capped the wells, abandoned the fields and we starved. It's true, from Boom to Bust and from Bust to Boom, that's how it works in the Oil Business.

lonewolf4ad Thanks this.
  8. Highway Hypnosis

Highway Hypnosis Light Load Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Minot, ND
    oil field pay is currently oil field gay.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.