oilfield the new adventure begins will keep you updated

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by C.B., Sep 1, 2012.

1. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

yes, same guy

and no i am not cured..there is no cure for bone disease..i still have it...being on the road was too hard on me...i had planned on not working..but am...i still hurt but am better since i am off the road..some days are worse than others...but unfort. my bills dont care if i hurt or not, they still come every month...

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trashtrucker1265

Trashtrucker1265 Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Inverness, Fl
    Hey Giggles if you ever get a chance, and want to do so, you should post up how you and CB just roll with the punches the way you do. Some on here give you crap, but then there's guys like me who are at a crossroads in this career that could use some advice moving forward from here. The 2 of you don't seem to ever let anything get you down, and you just keep on trucking. So how do you do it, why do you do it, and how the heck does a guy like me keep interest in this career for another ten years, because if we're being honest I'm about ready to hang it up.

4. Giggles the Original

how do we do it??? heck, i dunno...why??? cuz we havta...LOL...i dont mean that rude...just dont have a choice...

i would like to hang it up myself, but cant yet...heck i am too old to try something different at this stage in the game...and there isnt really anything else i have a desire to do...(wish i would have been a forensic scientist)....

as for advice of how to hang in there....i dont know honey....if you have other options and arent happy, then i would say go for it...otherwise...cuz you are stuck like me...LOL

ok same ol same ol today....dumped first load...AIR LEAK...same PLACE as always....so i just closed off the tank (air tank that operates the gates)....til i got back to load..then re opened the valve...worked today, see if it will if it happens again...which i am SURE it will happen again, it happens every few days.....

(boss ran my trk saturday)..so this am i said, "i need fuel"..she says.."oh you will be alright"....so off i go...then after 3 loads they decide i need to go to carlsbad, then jal....soooo i needed fuel...so got fuel, and i was fueling walked around and checked truck out again...FLAT trl tire...so by the time i got that fixed, they told me it was too late to head out, so had an early day...7.75 hrs...then off tomorrow cuz i have to go the the DMV..

CB is at work today..he worked 4 days last week...so lets hope this is gonna be a full week and things will get back to normal...

5. Giggles the Original

well , took the day off and went to the dmv....finally got NM CDL and registered our personal vehicle..(CB will be takin care of his license tomorrow he is off again).....they were able to transfer all endorsements including my haz mat....all with only a vision test..woohoo.....glad thats all over with...

went and looked at that Pete again that i would be gettin if i changed jobs....and i am gonna go ahead and go for it..LOL i just cant pass it up...i hate the truck i am in now.... plus its more money....so i may regret it...but i wont ever know til i try...

BTW..i told his boss yest i was mad at him....he cant be nice enough to me since then...:biggrin_2559:

Speedemon1084 and Wymon Thank this.
  6. Wymon

Wymon Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    I just read through this entire thread. Sounds like I am doing the same thing as CB plus winch and vac up here in MT/WY. Have been considering a move to NM to be closer to my place which just sits empty now. Glad to hear that the CDL transfer went smooth-you sometimes hear negative comments about dealing with the govt. in NM. Good luck on the new job! Very helpful thread-Thanks!

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  7. Rocket1949

Rocket1949 Bobtail Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Wyon,have you heard about a company called Sanjel. I hear that they are hiring in Riverton,Wy. They are a pretty big outfit as they are also up in Canada,and also as far south as Texas. They have been having job fairs around the country. Salary I'm told is a flat $65,000 a year, no overtime. 80 to 100 hrs a week ,15 days on ,6 days off. Whom did you work for and what can you tell me about the conditions and pay. Thanks

8. Rocket1949

Nov 21, 2012
    Apologies to you Giggles,not trying to hijack your thread,just looking for opportunities.

Giggles the Original Thanks this.
  9. BORNtoROAM

BORNtoROAM Light Load Member

Jan 23, 2012
    Odessa, TX
    i take it that's 65K before taxes? for 80 to 100 hours a week, that's no good in my eyes. you can make a lot more at other frac companies down here. but the catch is there's really nowhere to live without getting creative or way overpaying to rent a place. 6 days off every 2 weeks sounds nice, but you're probably going to sleep half the time. that will wear you out after a while.

Rocket1949 Thanks this.
  10. Rocket1949

Nov 21, 2012
    Thanks Born to Roam for the reply. Do you know of any companies hiring oilfield type jobs in Texas/New Mexico area. Any of those jobs offer similar conditions. 15 days on,6 days off. Thanks

11. Giggles the Original

well no new news yet on when the new job will start...GRRRRRRR...

as for the current one, training on the dump trk to do hot mix with the paver..of course i know how to run a dump truck, and have done hot mix with my belly dump..BUT NOT DUMP trk to paver..and frankly i DONT WANT TO!!!!!!! dang it....keep me in my belly dump and i am happy...and i dont mind the dump trk occasionally..BUT DONT WANNA do this paver crap...anyone with exp. with it tell me how bad it is???

there are TX oilfield threads that have TONS of companies and info in them...ya oughta go read thru them Rocket...

ok enough fussin for now...LOL

CB is still doin the same ol same ol...guess i have hijacked his thread huh?? oh well, i can get away with it...i feed him...:biggrin_2559::biggrin_2559:

and BTW Wymon, thanks and your welcome..

FloTheWaitress and LaBubba Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.