Ok, dumb question...fixed spread...Cali freight...bridge rule

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by the_3_bears, Nov 6, 2019.

1. the_3_bears

the_3_bears Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2019
    If I can fund a 51 or 50 with 41 feet deck, I’m good. I have been looking at those...and the used ones are abused ones...I really have no $$ to waste on new...I have a good container load that goes east and when I back haul, I’ve got three various loads to choose from that 2 require the lower deck of the step. Granted, the last 15 will be empty unless I get a small lift or bobcat or something to throw on it. The back haul loads. Are just 20k. They take 8 feet of the deck and then back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Have to admit, the 53 steps get beaten in most situations. I was hauling crane and rigging, plus drill rigs and associated equipment. The lease roads and places that was going to did not have any pavement.

You will want at least 2 bridges, 3 would be better. Depending on the type, you will likely need at least one chain and binder for each one, that’s over what you would normally carry. Ramp sets can be used for bridges. You want to get the stake pocket pieces for them. Will still need chains on them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.