OK, name the good things about Knight.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Sad_Panda, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Bumpy

Bumpy Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2009
    New Ulm,MN
    All what I am trying to say;in a nutshell,(here comes my Kung-## moment):biggrin_255: is often in life,the realities of something,is VERY different from one's expectations..Now,I see you are 35ys old,that makes you grown,and I am not talking "down" to you.

Fact is,I did not start this OTR thing until 45yrs old,my older brother and uncle have been truckin all their adult lives...but until you are out their,"livin the dream" you do not know what it is like,so all I suggest is,keep that thought in mind.

I too,do not care for many people,however,if you think trucking will take that problem away,you could not be more wrong...In fact,after 3 months of OTR,you may dislike the human race even more..:biggrin_25511:

OverDrive and zebcohobo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zebcohobo

zebcohobo Vincent Van Gopher

Jul 19, 2010
    Redbank,SC
    I see. Either way I going to make it work as best I can. I've done enough in my time to know every job, no matter how perfect it may seem on the surface, has it's drawbacks and downfalls. I'm going to be the best driver I can be. I really don't have any illusions about this being the cure all for my problems. If what I've read herein is even close to an accurate description of what to expect, I think I've got it covered. Be sure when I'm on the road I will start a thread and chronicle my experiences. I have that "if they can do it so can I" attitude. Should I try and fail, I am man enough to chronicle that too. Wish me luck.

Bosco Warden, OverDrive and Bumpy Thank this.
  4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Really, YOU are the only one who can determine "failure." Even if things don't work out with this company, it won't mean you have "failed." Unless you screw up to the point that they not only fire you, but you screw up so bad you can't get hired anywhere else. I guess that could be considered a "failure."

Sounds like you are determined to go to Knight. So go there with the best possible attitude, work it as long as it works for you, and when it no longer works for you, move on. That is true of ANY company, not just Knight.

Most of us who have worked for them, would never go back. Heaven knows they give you plenty of opportunities to go back once you quit them. They chased me for what seemed like forever. . .

Anyway, good luck to you.

truckerdave1970 Thanks this.
  5. truckerdave1970

truckerdave1970 On Probation

Dec 15, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    I couldn't have said it any better!!!

Big Don is absolutely right. Knight CALLED ME EXACTLY ONE YEAR TO THE DAY THAT THRY FIRED ME TO SEE IF I WANTED MY OLD JOB BACK! !!

I don't care if Kevin, Larry, and Randy Knight apologized to me in person and offered me $1,000,000 cash, I would still tell them to kiss MY HAIRY WHITE ARSE!!!

GMjunky87 Thanks this.
  6. Erick chapel

Erick chapel Medium Load Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Fontana CA
    As a fellow driver I say, good luck dude, as an ex-knight employee I say think real hard about going there, real bad situation there...

GMjunky87 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.