OK, this is unreal

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by millionmilejourney, Jul 23, 2013.

1. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dogchimp

dogchimp Medium Load Member

Jan 31, 2013
    Prime, 200 dollar a week loan when you do psd, gurentee 600 after you have your cdl, and if you get a light weight and go reefer 41 cents per mile as soon as you get your own truck, not to mention prime is very good about takin care of their drivers, not to mention I feel like prime is more of a family then an employer

4. abn75

abn75 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    I don't work for them, but a loan? Wtf. Is this during their school? Still...I guess some go for that. To each their own.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. millionmilejourney

millionmilejourney Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2013
    East Carolina
    prime offered .41 after 40,000 team miles with trainer.
    550/wk while training
    all meals paid orientation in scranton...

not alot of home time

not interested in lease right now...

6. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Question is far too broad. We need to narrow it down a bit.

What kind of trailer do you want to drag around? Van, Flat, Reefer, Tank, Bulk? How do you want your pay set? Mileage or Percentage? What range are you looking at? OTR? Regional? Or local? Hometime? Pay? Forced dispatch to NYC/Northeast?

Seriously, do some more research into the field in general before you start asking questions about specific companies. Should've been doing that while you were in school, actually.

Rawze Thanks this.
  7. bubbanbrenda

bubbanbrenda Road Train Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Middletown,Oh.
    If you are not afraid of flat beds I would look at Melton, if you want to stay with a box then I would look at Millis

millionmilejourney Thanks this.
  8. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Your home location has alot to do with your choice, just the fact that you bashed schneider show that you have alot to learn. I started with Roehl and gave them two years and have spent the last three at Schneider and am really happy. They offer a ton of different options. The fact that I live in the DFW area makes them a great choice. Do you have a young family at home? Is home time at the top of your list or bottom? How do you feel about the quality of the equipment you use? Do you wanna haul loads you drop and hook or do live loads? The carriers freight base and divisions will dictate your loads. Reefer means alot of grocery warehouses, flat beds mean construction sites, Van can be everything in between. You have way more to consider than just the name on the side of the truck.

9. millionmilejourney

millionmilejourney Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2013
    East Carolina
    ok i get the point, i really asked one question, which one of the following companys would you log your first mile with? seemed so simple when i posted it.

10. abn75

abn75 Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2013
    I'll say I work for Schneider, now I don't know how they pay during training. As a solo driver I'm treated well here. Yes the trucks run slower than some, but I make good money. My first week out I turned in 3346 miles. I got through the house. The next week I took three days off. I just left the house last Monday, Sunday I was at home, will be back this Friday, then taking off 4 days next weekend. The benefits are good, of course there are better but there is also worse. Some of the equipment does suck, but over all its decent. They are phasing out all the century classes, going to Cascadia. My dbl(dispatcher) knows who I am by name and tries his best to fix any issues I bring up to him. Right now I'm loaded to GA, with two pre-assignment lined up after this. So yeah, I like the company.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

millionmilejourney Thanks this.
  11. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.