Oklahoma CDL nightmare...

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Mossyoak22, Oct 11, 2018.

1. DSK333

DSK333 Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2018
    Pennsyltucky
    I didn't read your wall of text. Hit the enter key every 4 sentences or so. You really have to approach the pre-trip portion of the test with the mindset of a robot. Keep saying the same phrase over and over again about each and every little thing you see. Everything!

"I'm checking blah blah blah for any leaks, loose, cracks, corrosion" etc etc no matter what. Doesn't matter is if can leak or not. Doesn't matter is if can corrode or not. Doesn't matter if it can crack or not because there are no penalties for those things.

Just say the phrase like Robbie the Robot about each and every single little thing you see and you'll pass.

Mossyoak22 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mossyoak22

Mossyoak22 Bobtail Member

Oct 11, 2018
    Yeah I passed pre trip, in can, and air brakes the second time with only missing like 1 or 2 things. It's backing that got me. Since Oklahoma's DPS is backed up until almost December and they don't know when they will release schedule I'm gonna go to Kansas. Literally you call everyday and wait on hold for 3 hours... Then they tell you oh we don't know when the knew schedule will come out.. Found a place in Kansas city that's third party since Oklahoma doesn't have them... Costs around 450, but NO WAITING! I can go up there and practice for a couple hours backing and then test in a full size trailer like I'm used to. They said even if I fail I can come right back the next day. Yeah it's a lot more money, but the longer I wait I miss out on this money... If we get a liberal in office in 2020 the frac'n will go back down and I've got to make as much as I can before then just in case so I don't wanna wait anymore. Been at this for almost 5 months since I first started training.

brian991219 Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Lets not worry about who is in office.

You tend to yourself and things will work out just fine. Nations rise and fall all the time. You worry about yourself. =)

5. achillesdave

achillesdave Bobtail Member

Feb 9, 2012
    You could take the entire CDL course at Central Tech in Drumright OK for less that 5k and they have housing included in the tuition. They test every week on site. There's really no surprises, they take you on the test route during training and warn you of where people mess up. All your backing is done in the same area you practice on for weeks. Plus it's two students per truck, that's much better than what I've heard about other schools. And it's run by the state, they want you to pass.

Slowpoke KW and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.