Ol' MONFORT Drivers?????

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by happypappy25, Jan 1, 2009.

1. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    Was that e-log as we know it today, or electronic log like werner has had for years.

Since monfort trucking no longer exists, it is kind of hard to equate them to JBS

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. that is what Monfort basically is nowadays though it's JBS...
    whatever happened to the mighty Montfort look at JBS that's them..
    there was an electronic log mandate back in the day it was very similar to Werner they were not allowed to use paper logs anymore if they want to stay in business but again as I said they had the dubious honor of being the only company mandated by the feds at the time to tracking logs electronically..
    at the time it was a new thing if your CSA scores were bad we're going to make you go on the elog..
    this is long before the mandate came about it was still in litigation and yada yada yada..

why do companies still exist just under different names..
    take a look at jevic before they got bought out by yellow YRC..
    the man who founded it good old Harry m turned around and started another company called New Century with the same cronies until he sold that off and got out of trucking for good but that was the same company that was jevic same people same everybody..

4. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    What I am talking about, JBS does not have the same owners as monfort did, so is not the same company .
    In fact it is pretty customer for companies to buy other companies for their authority and customer contracts, and leave the compay intact and with the same name.

6. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Montfort who ? ...mainliner in Omaha used to run away from them headed east lol.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  7. just_sayin

just_sayin Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Bristol baby
    I used to drive for Monfort. They gave us a pretty good run for our money. The Peterbilt I drove at two way would definitely scoot. I think the best running truck I ever had was when I drove for Manley hauling livestock. That truck was almost scary LOL. The good old days

8. brianmcc291

brianmcc291 Bobtail Member

Oct 28, 2019
    Amen I had the.old K100 13.Spd. 400A Cat. Opened Up

9. Drumstik

Drumstik Bobtail Member

Sep 6, 2023
    I remember when they hauled swing in the ‘70s

10. desertracer

desertracer Light Load Member

Dec 31, 2018
    the land line magazine from last month has good story about monfort in it

Last Call Thanks this.
  11. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

That truck is now somewhere in the Keystone getting a complete makeover.

Chad said he’s thinking of having the brand new 13 his cousin put it in pulled out and replaced with a 6x4 setup, as well as a full paint job. When we drove it back out of Kentucky it was still a fine truck, guess it’ll be a working show truck now….

Sons Hero and Last Call Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.