Old Bear, New saga

Discussion in 'TWT' started by Dr Fozz, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Awesome. Ive been a little slow at JJW but thats by choice cause Im getting my new truck ready for the road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dr Fozz

Dr Fozz Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Trucks bouncing!

4. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    Yup. Getting out of my company issued 2013 and into my own 2018. :D Should be working in 2 weeks. Give me a shout on the radio if you see me. Kinda hard to miss. Only JJW truck like it.

Attached Files:

5. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    So they suspended their school? Kind of surprising unless they didn’t want to become another mega carrier like System was headed for.

6. Roberts450

Feb 6, 2016
    System/TWT/JJW all share the same parent company. Each company is just a different devision.

7. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    I know. I worked there for a couple years. When I left in May of 2016 they were going in the direction of students. All auto transmissions, and cameras.

8. Dr Fozz

Dr Fozz Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2017
    They told me the school wasn't making money. I don't think they want the training business model. They are moving to auto shift and we do have cameras in the truck, but only forward facing at this point. I had a couple camera "incidents" already. The man who reviews them used to drive, so that's a plus. He was looking at one of mine and said he could tell exactly where I was, as he had been there many times. He said it looked like a four wheeler cut me off. Yep, tried to occupy the same space I was in. My protecting him was what triggered the recording. At this time they are simply using it as a coaching tool, as well as cya in the event of an accident.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  9. Dr Fozz

Dr Fozz Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Well, sitting and waiting. Not something I'm used to here. My 14 is killing me the last day or so. Start my clock at 0500 and then have a pick up at 1600. I was almost an hour late delivering this morning and I'll probably be late tomorrow as well. Unless I get a door early. I am supposed to be in Portland tomorrow at 0900, 367 away but I won't be able to get out of WA after I get loaded. Nothing I can do about it.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  10. Rugerfan

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    Idk about TWT but System was terrible at any preplanning. Always killed your 14

11. Dr Fozz

Dr Fozz Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Well, been keeping me busy. Took Thanksgiving weekend off, back at it Sunday, dropped a load in Albany Monday, caught my bumper on a curb and ripped it half off while backing in, now it's held in place with bungees. Picked up a load with a 6 am in Wenatchee for Tuesday, no way to make that on time, got pushed to tomorrow at 7, then halfway across the state to pick up a load of paper going back to the coast for Thursday. Be back home Friday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.