Old Dominion--A Newbie's Experience

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by cellopudding, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Mo_Goris

Mo_Goris Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2014
    I will start my own thread

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I look forward to it. Thank you sir.

4. Mo_Goris

Jul 11, 2014
  5. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    he did say above on a post on page 17 , he would apply for the P/D job. Its a foot in the door, right?
    What holds me back is waiting til company match vests in my 401K At present, I'd leave 5K on the table. Willing to do it if my GF needed me to, but man I view that match as the compensation for unpaid miles they steal from me!!!

Columbus Term has had their accepting apps banners on the enrty fence up for about 4 months now. I would want to know what the start pay might be so I could budget accordingly. Not doing bad fro 2 yr driver on a dedicated home daily account now. to match or exceed what i make now would be ideal.

6. cellopudding

cellopudding Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN

Sorry guys, I haven't lost interest, just time. We're so busy at the Indy terminal right now it isn't funny. We're hiring drivers like crazy, but still don't have enough to keep up with freight volume, to the point where we've had to use truckload carriers to move some of our freight. I've been running all over, never less than 2600 miles a week. I've had to run loads for the city folks, too! But yes, I'm still here, and still following things.

We had our yearly pay and benefits meeting, and, let me tell you, there is no better time to be with the company. All hourly employees are getting an $.85 raise, and linehaul drivers are getting a $.02 cpm raise. Business is booming at OD!

7. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    I wish they were hiring line haul in Music City.

8. Mo_Goris

Jul 11, 2014
    Nice!! we have our meeting at ALN tomorrow at 8am.. hope its good...

9. inbdusfor20yrs

inbdusfor20yrs Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am one of the new drivers they are hiring!

10. Mo_Goris

Jul 11, 2014
    Welcome inbdus, please tell us your story. .

11. inbdusfor20yrs

inbdusfor20yrs Light Load Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    While I was waiting for my retest for my CDL (parallel parking was harder then I thought it would be), I signed up for Monster.com to send me driver jobs in my area. One of the emails was for OD. So I called them and they told me to come and apply that same day. I went to their Indy terminal, put in my application and had an interview on the spot. He said as soon as I get my CDL to let him know.

When I got my CDL, I updated him and he told me to come in, which was today. He had me update my application and we spoke about what position I would be good for. We both decided that P&D would fit me and the company. Next, he scheduled me for my road test which is tomorrow at 10am. After that he sent me to take my drug test. As soon as I got the test done (within the hour) I came back and handed the paperwork to another recruiter. I signed a few more forms, and she got her camera out and told me we needed to take a picture for my employee ID. She then told me Monday morning she will send my packet to corporate for their approval and we should hear back from them in a week. Two at the most. I was also told that training will be for one month and I will be getting my regular pay. Not student pay.

All that happened today between 10am-2pm..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.