Old Dominion Application Process

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by SweetTooth, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, that's important. Report anything, no matter how minor. We had a guy bump the front of another truck with his jiff on the fuel island. He got out and checked for damage, the other driver looked with him. Low speed, barely creeping, just a little bump. They both agreed no damage done other than maybe a little nick to the bumper that might have been a rock chip instead, so they forgot about it. Unfortunately for them, there were a couple of busybodies on the fuel island that mind everyone else's business as well as their own, and they made a beeline to the supervisor's office. The two involved drivers almost got written up for not reporting an incident. If they'd said something, the other two would probably have gotten chased out of the office and told to mind their own business.

hdcut Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Ok thank you.My work record suks but everything else is real good.

hdcut Thanks this.
  4. hdcut

hdcut Bobtail Member

Aug 21, 2015
  5. carb

carb Bobtail Member

Sep 7, 2014
    I filled out an application in Indy a week ago. Anyone from there who can tell me about how long before I get called. I know a couple other guys from conway who got called within a few days.

6. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    Took me about a month before I got called for an interview. If you haven't heard anything in a week or two, you can always call Tiffany in HR and check on the status of your app.

carb Thanks this.
  7. RobJ

RobJ Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2015
    I'm currently going through the process in Savannah GA, took about 3 weeks to get a call but I'm heading in for an interview next week.

8. odsilverbullet

odsilverbullet Light Load Member

Feb 15, 2015
    What was your first step? Submit resume online?

9. RobJ

RobJ Bobtail Member

Nov 10, 2015
    For me it was yeah, they gave me an email address to submit a resume to and I got a call a few weeks later

10. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    I'm seeing this online resume "thing" more and more. Guess it's somewhat common. I knew the linehaul manager before I applied, since he visited our trucking school, so I was able to just let him know via email when I graduated and he had me come in for the interview and application on their kiosk. I never submitted a resume, or contacted OD online. All I brought to the interview, if I recall, was my trucking school diploma, a 5 year driving record print-out from the DMV, and some personal identification like my SS card and license.

I'm assuming this online resume thing is a way for initial contact, wondering if a phone call to the terminal might do the same thing and get you in the door sooner for that interview. My understanding is the "real" application is done at the terminal, which is then sent to corporate for approval. Along with this official application is the interview and drug test, which can come at varying points in the process.

All in all, from the time I contacted the linehaul manager after school, it took about 1.5 months till I was hired and in training. 2-3 weeks was corporate approval, which is relatively standard. The rest was just wait time in between visits to the terminal. I visited the terminal more than once. For the initial interview and app, then for a driving test and drug test. Drug test was done offsite, but i had to come to the terminal first.

Hope this helps with somebody else curious about the process, or wondering how long it can take.

11. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    Good luck!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.