Old Dominion Freight Lines - Thomasville, N.C.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by smurf-316, Oct 5, 2006.

1. smurf-316

smurf-316 Resident Nut Case

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    I'm inclined to agree with TURBO on this one. I have driven for O.D. for over 2 years now and have NEVER heard of this happening to another driver. there was even 1 case where one of our drivers forgot to insert the kingpin after hooking on a pup!! and even he didn't get fired. but he did get a very long chat with our safety director. IF this infact did happen the way he stated then he absolutely should file a complaint with his state labor board and contact a lawyer. i tend to think maybe he has something else in his closet. I will say that O.D. has treated me & others that work with me fairly. I have seen many times that this company has went out of their way to help a driver and make sure he has what he needs to get the job done.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scotty13

scotty13 Bobtail Member

I'm confused about one thing and maybe Smurf or someone else can clear it up for me. If you get all your sleep in a hotel or private room at one of the terminals and the trucks don't even have sleepers, why run teams? Are you expected to drive ten hours and then sit in the second seat for ten hours?? If not, then what is the point of running teams?

:biggrin_25514: I'm a Newbie. Hopefully this isn't too dumb of a question. Thanks!

4. flitterby

flitterby Light Load Member

Team trucks have sleepers. Only the linehaul and local drivers run the daycabs.

5. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina
    O.D. did have a profit sharing bonus of $1,000 this past month. not to bad i guess for a little extra cash.

6. lookingup

lookingup Medium Load Member

Dec 3, 2006
    thanxs for the valuable info

7. chief

chief Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2007
    Flavor Country, NC
    smurf, can you send me a private message? I'm thinking about applying to this company and would like to get whatever info you might have to share. thx

8. ripcord

ripcord Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2007
    texarkana, tx
    I went to my local OD terminal last week to put in an application. The terminal manager called me today, and said he wants to see me in three days in regards to a linehaul position. Hopefully it'll go well, I'll get it, and this job will meet all my needs, finances, benefits, hometime, etc. If I find out anything useful about the company, I'll post it on here. I've been driving for about four years, have a little OTR, and a good safety record, plus my hazmat. Maybe that's why they called back so quickly.

9. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina

I think you'll do great there. i've always made a good pay check and never have to sleep in a truck!
    let us know how ya doing.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    No, but he just might decide to while he's waiting for his relay, if he gets a run where the guy coming from the other end wants to take his good old time.

11. smurf-316

Oct 4, 2006
    North Carolina

Maybe Mack but he could do alot worse than O.D.
    :yes2557:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.