Old Dominion P&D

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by HiramKingWilliams, Aug 10, 2020.

1. p.gierlak

p.gierlak Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2020
    Indiana
    Does estes hire with just cdl school?? I got into YRC but this place pays ####.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. p.gierlak

p.gierlak Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2020
    Indiana
    Does estes hire out of cdl school without 1 year exp?? I'm in that boat..i hired onto YRC but they pay #### and I don't want to waste 1 year with a company that I do not see myself growing with.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. Muskie

Muskie Medium Load Member

Feb 27, 2019
    No, at least when I tried after 9 months. Had to wait the full year, according to safety. But it's always worth a try, if their desperate for drivers, I've heard of others getting hired. Timing is everything.

p.gierlak Thanks this.
  6. TrknBozo

TrknBozo Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Kansas
    When I worked for XPO, I was an instructor at the driving school. One of my students who graduated ended up at YRC, he had around 3mos with us before he left.
    He told me he was working the dock 80% and running city 20%, would come in at around 10am and they were working him 12-13hrs. He couldn’t handle that and is now unemployed last time I checked.
    If you have less than 1yr, Just be prepared for long hours and limited driving time, you will develop a relationship with a forklift. I work for ABF now and we won’t hire in my area unless you have 1yr experience.

Gearjammin' Penguin and Danny707 Thank this.
  7. Danny707

Danny707 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2019
    that was my fear when Estes offered me a job at 11 months of experience. Covid 19 was hitting harder in late February and they sent me a email that I wasn’t offered the job bc I didn’t list my speeding ticket prior to my CDL, then I got a call back a week later offered the job again as a regional combination driver, but I declined the job because I felt that I was gonna be more at the dock then behind the wheel, UPS freight kept it real with me 2 weeks later at an interview and said some days are super slow and some are not it’s not like this with LTL in March but the virus was killing freight and drivers with less experience are working the dock at the moment.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  8. TrknBozo

TrknBozo Bobtail Member

Mar 7, 2020
    Kansas
    You with UPS Freight now? How is it over there? I looked into UPS Freight, along with ODFL and ultimately hired on with ABF.

9. Danny707

Danny707 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2019
    USPF didn’t offer me the job bc the virus killed freight , then I took the NFI offer at Anheuser Busch dedicated and also helping on the Aldi and Lidl accounts, since then I’ve been grossing more than $1500+ a week not bad for touch freight palletized food load / unload with electric pallet jack and dock parking.

TrknBozo and jmz Thank this.
  10. 59EX

59EX Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    I will say their job application is a bass ackwards sh@t.

Anybody know what P&D pays in GA?

TIA.

• Truckers Report Jobs