Old Dominion Team Driving information

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by blairandgretchen, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Driver facing cameras?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Not as of yet, but a battle is on the horizon.

BennysPennys and Cat sdp Thank this.
  4. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    BennysPennys Thanks this.
  5. buckmanmike

buckmanmike Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2010
    in the country, georgia
    Nick, I used to drive for a Fed Ex contractor. Sounds like your running wild. Look for a dedicated run. I was on a run that was 5980 miles(team) every week, except Thanksgiving to Christmas, when we ran 6 trips a week. 7000+ miles. Good money, but wears on you. Im retired now, thank goodness.

BennysPennys and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  6. Nickanator1988

Nickanator1988 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2022

Even for teams no pets? I understand solo with slip seating and all no pets people are allergic ect. But teams with assigned trucks husband and wife team with a cat that has a litter box and don't need to be leashed or walked to use restroom surely there is an exception possible. Ive talked to lots of companies that don't allow pets they always made an exception for a cat believe it or not cause cats are independent animals. Thats a great dog you have miss owning a dog absolutely adore dogs they truly a mans best friend especially on the road.. i could find a pet sitter but thats cruel to me..

All trucks governed at 68-70mph or can teams go faster like 72-75 mph? I know r and l carriers team trucks do 75mph . Just like to get home a.s.a.p every week lol.. take my money and run

7. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    450hp ,12 speed auto mostly?

8. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Look at it this way...you work 3-4 days, and get 3-4 days off. Pretty good work/life balance. Get a cat-sitter or put down some extra food?

Team trucks do 72 as I recall.

Oh, on the top end, we have some teams that make $175k each in our area, from what I hear. That's working a full 5 days at top scale, though.

9. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Basically. Lot of Freightliners.

10. Nickanator1988

Nickanator1988 Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2022

Yes running wild too many #### foreigner contractor not enough loads or dedicated available. The dedicated they have are only 5100-5400 miles out like 6-7 days downtime in between dedicated runs like 4-10hr delays thats why out so long for baby miles. I get 80cpm but whats the point if i can't get miles sitting around for 24hrs is getting old. Barely got 3300 miles this week almost been out 4 full days . Id have to run on recap just to make the miles your claiming forget that. Its not the same fedex you remember benefits suck. Im over it. I call the linehaul ahead of time try to run solo runs if the terminal dont have a load ready, i always ask to semd me somewhere to the furthest hib off the same hwy wherever they send me. Sometimes works most time they send me back to my domicile anyway so don't know why they bother to ask where im trying to go all the time they never honor it. I ask when the planner comes in and check in with linehaul every 1-2hrs. Call my contractor tell them get .e out of here they do anything so i sit and sit and sit.. i get 1800$ a week guaranteed pay bought 1300$ net sucks i need more miles for more money. Run out of 305 marietta ga there freight sucks . So i think i run outof a horrible terminal as well as contractor dont know what there doing anymore they never drove there just investors. Im over it. I need ups, r and l, old dominion, estes need to clear 100-120k a year now i deserve it as do all truckers.

11. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    I'm trying to be on pace for 120 this year. A little behind, but...Peak is right around the corner.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.