1. cathyNYC

cathyNYC Light Load Member

Aug 21, 2019
    I let him know. He seems amused, haha.

dwells40, bzinger, OldeSkool and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cathyNYC

Aug 21, 2019
    I just wrote to the Texas chapter heads. Thank you again for the heads up.

Dale thompson and black_dog106 Thank this.
  4. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I’m sure some of those people will get a big charge of getting their iron in a movie.

cathyNYC Thanks this.
  5. cathyNYC

Aug 21, 2019
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dale thompson Thanks this.
  6. cathyNYC

Aug 21, 2019
    I just think it would be so freaking cool to see all those vintage vehicles lined up at a 1970s truck stop as if they were loaded up and on their way somewhere else.... man I hope we can make it happen.

7. Dale thompson

Dale thompson Road Train Member

Nov 20, 2013
    commerce twp,mi
    I’m sure you’re going to come across a few photography buffs with some great shots of that period.

8. cathyNYC

Aug 21, 2019
    I hope so. Every part of this process has been pretty fun and interesting.

I used this book which has some incredible photos of people just living their lives.

IMG_0459.jpg

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

After that I've been checking out youtube videos of people's vintage trucks. I like this one of a guy driving a 1978 Peterbilt 359 with a Detroit engine and a Spicer transmission. I liked it so much I hope I can put a Spicer transmission in the movie, haha.

9. cathyNYC

Aug 21, 2019
    Hey everyone. it's been a long time since I posted. I don't have much of an update… we asked a few different actors to be in the movie and I don't think they even read the script and they said no. It's been a year or so and we are just going to keep on reaching out to people and asking. I'll let you know if I ever get any good news.

A fun trivia question crossed my mind and I thought someone here might be able to answer. If you had to try to quantify the strength that it takes to turn the manual steering column of an old semi, say like a 1970 Peterbilt 359 which is what we want in the movie, no power steering, no center point, at a full stop, what would that be like? how many pounds of torque or newton meters or what have you?

thank you in advance for your consideration.

10. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Manual steering isn’t as bad as folks make it out to be. The older tube type bias ply tires made it harder to steer. Radials make it much smoother and easier to turn and better/real feel for the road than with power.
    The Ross box in my ‘67 turns really easy. the only issue you have over the newer p/s boxes is it takes 8 to 8-1/2 turns lock to lock instead of 4 or less. But with a spinner knob that is solved quickly.
    Manual box setups are much much lighter on the front of a truck anyway and don’t have extra junk to have to maintain. Got 3 million 640,000 miles on the original to the truck. They rarely wear out. Check the oil/grease level every year and forget about it. Lol!

Dale thompson and cathyNYC Thank this.
  11. cathyNYC

Aug 21, 2019
    Thank you. Good to see you again!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.