OldTimer Tarp Story

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Kittyfoot, Feb 26, 2012.

1. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    Not much u can do about something like that. Tell him that he should have come out there and helped you tarp it then. 1 man can only do so much.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dorset

dorset Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2009
    worst tarp experience i had was a winter or two ago when i picked up a load of baled hay in kansas. it was stored out in an open shed at 7 Fahrenheit, and went on the truck with no hassles. i delivered someplace in the east, also around 7 F, and then went to philadelphia to load steel pipe. loaded those inside the building with the heaters on, and while i was under my tarps straightening them out i smelled something familiar. couldn't figure it out, but the tarps were damp underneath and i smelled just the same when i was done. unloaded the steel someplace else, rolled my smelly tarps up and wondered what that wet stuff was that we both smelled like. no place to take a shower.

a day or so later i finally recognized the smell: mouse piss. the hay bales were all covered in frozen mouse piss crystals, and so were the undersides of my tarps. i couldn't smell any of it until it thawed in the heated warehouse, and by that time my clothes and me were all covered with the stuff, except that it wasn't frozen anymore.

still no place to take a shower, so i used every baby wipe i had and made sure to lose those tarps on a relay right away.

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  4. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Im never taking a load of hay... lol I do have a good reason to refuse, Im highly allergic to hay.

Mommas_money_maker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.