On probation

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Rocky Degollado, Sep 28, 2022.

1. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    I have hired drivers on Parole and Probation when I ran an expediting company... you will need to speak to your PO about travel documentation, because your supervision status will show up any time your info is run and the cops will demand to see it. Once you have permission to travel for work, you are eligible to be hired. Not many places will hire when under supervision, however, because they have to commit to getting you back for your appointments. One time, my driver broke down 700 miles from home 18 hours before his appointment. I hired someone to chauffer him back overnight for the appointment. I then went back out with him to recover the vehicle and repair it so he could continue making money. I think I ate about $1500 that week, but it was my responsibility to get him home for that appointment.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    One Texas driver was given permission by his probation officer to just call him vs. trying to get back to Texas for a face-to-face.

blairandgretchen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.