On Site Parking

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by pharrari, Jan 2, 2013.

1. NRGNXS

NRGNXS Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Glen Rose, TX
    Thanks KMac, that is what I planned on doing. I figure when I meet up with other students, being I have a crew cab we all might share on commuting expenses to forgo the shuttle routine and enable side trips for food and whatever other needs might come about. I am at an advantage in that I need only pack for a week stay and could drive home if needed on any day if I wanted or needed to while in training at the Dallas facility. I will see who I pair up with in the room as to how that goes.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Obviously you read that I did the same thing that you are talking about. I had planned on just commuting each day but after the 2nd or 3rd day I decided that gas was killing me. I went home on the weekends though. Just make sure that someone signs you in at the motel the days that you are gone or you will lose your room.

If you need to catch the shuttle for any reason, make sure that you are there EARLY or you may not make it on time. The school students have to be there before the others do but they will jump on the shuttle taking seats needed for the students.

NRGNXS Thanks this.
  4. NRGNXS

NRGNXS Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Glen Rose, TX
    Yeah nascar I have read your account and others and in conclusion seeing what my best options are. I grew up in Stop 6, lived my early teens in Hurst, began my family in North Richland Hills. I consider everyones input important, looking forward to this new journey. If I drive from the motel to the Stevens facility will the guard at the Stevens facility have an issue with me when I go to park?

5. nascarchuck

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    No, you will actually turn into the parking lot just before the guard shack (if I remember right). Either way they wont bother you.

Yeah, I grew up right off of Rufe Snow and 820 in NRH. Graduated from Richland and now live in SW Ft. Worth. Im right at 55 miles or so to Stevens yard.

Im glad to be away from Stevens, but I wouldnt trade that experience for anything... Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

NRGNXS Thanks this.
  6. NRGNXS

NRGNXS Bobtail Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Glen Rose, TX
    Thanks again nascar. Will do on the progress as I found this forum to be very helpful answering the many questions I had. Just those that shared their experiences with no intent to sway a person one way or the other was so helpful in its own way. I will share what I see and do for that reason alone to possibly help someone else. I believe in the practice of paying it forward and never sway from that intent.

nascarchuck Thanks this.
  7. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    that morning shuttle fight with bags did suck a lot after the first day i made friends with someone who had a car there lol

nascarchuck Thanks this.
  8. nascarchuck

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Another trick is to drive the shuttle because you get to take it with you to the motel at night. I did that for several days. No fighting for a ride and you get paid extra to drive it!

9. .RYAN

.RYAN Light Load Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Las Vegas, NV
    Is there somewhere that has a list of approved places to park the truck? Say I wanted home time in Lake Havasu, AZ. There isn't much there or close to there besides Kingman or Bullhead. Even then, not sure if anything.

10. KMac

KMac Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Waxahachie, TX
    Your Manager can find out for you. Or you csj find one yourself and get it approved.

11. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    Theres no kw or pete dealership there?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.