On the loading dock

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dino soar, Nov 21, 2019.

1. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il

So, I'm at the loading dock at EZ painter in St Francis,WI, The Year is 1995ish.....

At the Dock watching the ol' forklift go in and out- Well,Got Bored- Took a walk down a hallway to the lunchroom-But before I got to the Lunchroom,I start reading Literature on the Wall,(Most businesses have)

I Go in the Lunchroom, Sit Down,Start reading the Newspaper, And I was really "Gassy" that day- I start letting them out Left n Right....It started getting bad in there, I had to get outta there,IT Was BAD!

I begin walking back to he dock area and begin reading more material on the wall, Low and Behold,Here comes someone walking in my direction,He says "Hello" to me,I oblige...

He continues to walk in the direction of the Lunchroom, I say to myself "Please Don't go in the Lunchroom".... "Please don't go in the Lunchroom"

He Goes right in the lunchroom...Not more than 3 seconds go by I hear "G O D D A M M !!!! "

I Begin Power Walking With a Huge Smirk on my Face Back to the Loading Dock to continue my observance of loading

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Yes, I do everything.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  4. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I always did. Gotta temp and count it, and with berries check for mold.

Dino soar Thanks this.
  5. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    What if it is going to be a place that takes several hours to load you?

How about the places that put one pallet in every 20 minutes?

Sit on the dock and wait?

6. abyliks

abyliks Road Train Member

May 2, 2010
    ludlow MA
    I count and check for damaged when I can, anything I can’t gets SLC’d, but most of the places I go to are pretty good

7. m16ty

m16ty Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Never pulled refer, but I’ve heard tell that some places will knowingly load bad product, hoping they can blame it on the trucker, when the receiver rejects the load.

spyder7723 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

For reefer, it’s always the responsibility of the driver to secure the load with load locks or straps, unless it was sealed from inside the dock. Many times the loader will install the load locks, but ALWAYS double check the load locks. Surprisingly many people don’t know how to put them on. If they’re on the floor when you open your doors for delivery, then the load locks were not put on correctly. This is even more important on frozen loads.

danny23tx Thanks this.
  9. PE_T

PE_T Road Train Member

Those were my concerns before going with my own authority. After over 1.5 years, I can confirm none of that has ever happened. I do screen the brokerage companies before signing up with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.