Onboarding questions?

Discussion in 'Old Dominion' started by Travelworld2067, May 22, 2018.

1. Travelworld2067

Travelworld2067 Light Load Member

May 10, 2018
    So i went theough interview process got hired. Signed a consent form to do background checks and my pay rate which stated 23.95 for p and d. I was hired as a linehaul driver though it didnt tell me my start rate and i didnt ask at interview. What am i looking to start at in the northeast starting bagging
    A few weeks later went by i got sent my onbaording questions which finally asked my criminal history. Did they already do a back ground check prior to sending me these questions? It say i was already selected.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TruckerFit

TruckerFit Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Im in the same boat as you. Got offered a job as linehaul driver. Starting rate for linehaul is 65cpm and caps at 68, my hourly starting rate for P&D is $25.90. Im in southern california

Answered and completed the onboard questionnaire this past weekend.

Im assuming their doing the background check

Just gonna wait and see when they get back to me

4. g2h

g2h Bobtail Member

Apr 25, 2018

i'm east of california and i run linehaul but they started me at 56 cpm....looks like i got screwed in more ways than one

5. TruckerFit

Mar 19, 2018
    #### i would think its higher starting rate here because of the 55 speed limit but i dont kno

Your checks look good tho?

6. TruckerFit

Mar 19, 2018
    Im still going thru the process

7. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    I'm assuming you're not with ODFL, because our top rate is .6568, not .68 cpm. Unless if CA gets paid more, but I always thought the Northeast region got paid the highest.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  8. 2BucTruck

2BucTruck Medium Load Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Eastern USA - Go Bucs!
    No, you didn't get screwed in pay. Go talk to someone running OTR and getting paid less than that - they're getting screwed in more ways than one.

The northeast top rate is .6568, which is the highest region. Sounds like you're probably starting at the typical start rate. It takes 2 years to hit top rate.

Texas_hwy_287 and BIGreem1985 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.