One month update.

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Desert_Skies, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    Your going to do much better running with the TC fleet. Good communication and your off duty button are going to be your best tools.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coldhardsteel

coldhardsteel Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    the ca regional fleet is not governed at 55 mph, I was on the nca fleet for 2.5 years then i went dedicated every truck i had did over 60 mph except for one 2821 only did 59mph when was running right. 2547 did 65 mph (pre-emisson) cummins hell that truck had pull also could do 60 in 9th gear, 3556 62 mph, i and this one i am in now the speed is governed by my fuel economy anything 7.5 mpg i can go 63 mph. and yes the company started going back to detroits because the cummins are having major issues. and the longest i every bobtailed with the company was from the utah yard to the sacramento yard. and by the way my last nca fleet run was 2929 miles. now on this dedicated run 2350 a week plus $30 a load. monday - saturday, tracy to medford

4. coldhardsteel

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    there system for routing goes by rand mcnally zip code mile, don't believe me track your miles for one month. call your dm at the end of the month your miles wont match the system.

5. TheOpenRoad

TheOpenRoad Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    #### - that's too bad.

Any drivers out there do Western 11? I'm wondering just how often they send you out of the region. This happened quite a bit with Knight so they can get you to drive all 48 at a lower pay grade.

Thanks

6. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA

i was looking at their heavy haul fleet for the home time and i have heavy haul experience, but to find out they only pay .34 cpm and cut the trucks back to 60 with only a 10 speed was a joke i would do much better at swift

7. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Agreed (pathetic, ain't it?). Swift at least has 13spds and variable pay for short miles. When I was there, I was home every weekend.

NWMAXI Thanks this.
  8. MaxFr8

MaxFr8 Bobtail Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Portland, OR
    "me too" on the thanks from OpenRoad. haven't talked to their recruiter yet. Interested to know if GTI has Oregon based dedicated routes that I might work into over time. Anyone know?

9. WMGUY

WMGUY Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Nine Mile Falls, WA
    GTI is big with Georgia Pacific, in OR, i don't know if they offer dedicated or not

10. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Yes, a few oregon based runs. Lewiston sends paper products to Clacamas daily.

MaxFr8 Thanks this.
  11. coldhardsteel

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    There is a dedicated Georgia pacific, but it runs from Halsey to l.a area only.

MaxFr8 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.