One ticket and he is out!!!! Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by doxygirl, Dec 4, 2013.

1. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    you can get a speeding ticket, without effecting your csa.

happens all the time.

snowblind Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. windsmith

windsmith Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2011
    NEPA
    He was told wrong. Only convictions need to be reported, not citations. And only within 30 days, not immediately. If he received an inspection report along with the citation, then yes it must be sent in to the employer ASAP.

9 months in and he's already got a 15+ speeding ticket? I'm glad he's off the road, and he needs to find another career that does not involve driving anything until he grows up. This is serious business.

4. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    16 over? Ouch. See if you can get it reduced. If not, time for a new career. 16 over is reckless. Most companies say no at 14 over. 16 is a bit much.

5. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    Companies can have different policies than what the law says as far as time is concerned with reporting.

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Wonder why he reported it? I haven't had but a few tickets in my career, but I never report it until the outcome is finalized. CR England must be trying to get drivers out of the trucks and new drivers in knowing they still owe for the training anyway. It's a moneymaker.

randal02lee Thanks this.
  7. rjones56

rjones56 Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    staunton va
    Sounds like CRE is rushing things to let him go before being convicted.

randal02lee and Chinatown Thank this.
  8. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    I do, and I'm not a liar. I do because I know where the cop (officer Steve, a freind of mine) hides. And he won't cut me any slack because he says "I should know better".

gpsman and Lepton1 Thank this.
  9. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    They do have an event recorder on the truck that tells when you go over a preselected speed or even when braking hard. All they have to do is hook up the laptop and print it out. Plus he is an at will employee which means they don't need a reason to fire him outside the whistleblower laws.

To the OP yes fight it and with a lawyer you can usually get it knocked down to 5 or 10 over if not dismissed. 15 over is a FMCSA regulation by itself and an automatic 60 day CDL suspension. That's how serious it is. He could of been charged with reckless driving and even arrested if the officer was having a bad day. That would of been an additional 60 day CDL suspension.

If the 15 over conviction sticks no normal company will touch him for 3 years. He better do what it takes to get it reduced and stop thinking that truck is a Honda!

Gitana Thanks this.
  10. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    To answer your question, get the ticket reduced by a lawyer. If it gets reduced you have a chance, if not, Im not saying its impossible but its going to be really hard to find another job....

11. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    that's because you drive one of them slow ### Gordon trucks!:biggrin_25522:

DirtyBob, double yellow and joseph1135 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.