One ticket and he is out!!!! Help!!!!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by doxygirl, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Got a link ........?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Give me a break. 16 over the limit is not necessarily reckless. It should depend on the road. 71 in a 55 mph zone on a limited access highway is not as dangerous as 51 in a 35 on a surface road with pedestrians and cross traffic.

4. DirtyBob

DirtyBob Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Indiana
    It's legally not reckless unless the officer actually cites you for reckless. It can be given to you for that speed but does not have to be cited.

Legal is not the issue here though. Every insurance company looks at 15+ as reckless which is what matters when it comes to your job.

5. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    In 2008 I was caught by an Arkansas trooper at 108 in a 65. It was late at nite flat stretch of road 4 lane divided. He said only reason my sorry butt wasn't cuffed and stuffed was a loaded cattle trailer. Oh that was after I asked rather sheepishly can we talk about the speed any. I wasn't about to go to court after having a beer with the prosecuting attorney we have a mutual friend. He was cool about it but said I nhave seen judge throw the book at non commercial speeding. So I paid it, it showed on my DMV as speeding 15 and over in commercial vehicle. combined with a 11-15 mph speeding CMV from a different occasion. Insurance went up considerably but I wasn't dropped.

lobes1985, snowblind and Logan76 Thank this.
  6. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    15 over in a cmv is considered a serious violation. i got a 15 over ticket in my pickup 70 in a 55 1/4 mile from a speed limit change from 70 to 55. i tryed fighting it and lost. but i didn't report it to the company i was working for until after the conviction. they didn't fire me for it. but my point is, unless you plan on just paying the ticket and not fighting it i see no reason to report it to your company until after conviction. innocent untill proven guilty re-member that.

even if he was in fact doing 16 over witch he probably was its worth hiring a lawyer and trying to fight it. a reduction to 14 over would help him a lot in trying to find a new job

Logan76 Thanks this.
  7. ‘Olhand

‘Olhand Cantankerous Crusty

Jan 18, 2011
    As usual there is more to this story--which we will NEVER hear--and yall can flame me all you want---But--our farm ain't far from there and I know that road since before it was renumbered as 78
    Now I know every state cop outta the Fogelsville barracks--and if they wrote him for more n 15 over---and that is what SHE said he was doin--he was doin something that pissed them off! Or he said something to them or something--cuz the avg daytime speed thru there is 70.....
    I will guarantee there are other factors at play here.......

Logan76 and RizenPhoenix Thank this.
  8. RizenPhoenix

RizenPhoenix Road Train Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    It will stay on his 10yr print out for 10 years. It's one of those things that is just a non starter for most companies along with DUI and felonies. There might be some companies that would give him a chance after 3 to 5 but they will be far and few between. The reason why is if he had had an injury/deadly accident while traveling 15+ over it would have been just about an automatic 8 to 9 figure judgement in court. That's a death sentence for all but the largest companies.

9. DMH

DMH Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Go to court and they will drop some speed off the ticket if he was nice to the officer during the stop. Might not drop alot but you only need a little.

10. koncrete cowboy

koncrete cowboy Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    That must be south mountain ...I used to live next to the h-d dealer in center valley...glad I saw this post going that way tomorrow.definatly keep it outta georgia o.d. lol

11. koncrete cowboy

koncrete cowboy Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I got a reckless in a 4 wheeler like 15 years ago in wythville va. I went home put huge tires on the back and then had it dyno d at a certified shop. Showed I was doing 50mph 55 on the dyno....took the print out to court and they reduced it to a 4point instead of 6 and dropped the wreckless.to this day I still crawl when I go thru that city...when u get a bad ticket you gotta get. A little mcgyver on there ###!!!! LOL

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.