Only Drivers Happy With Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by JimTheHut, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Bman20

Bman20 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    USA
    Koolguy I talk to one of your driver in springfield Vermont this monring and he runs the Jeld weld account and likes it he live in CT but run all over northeast...I guess my guestion to you is this.....I am interested in Werner but would like to know what account would benifit me more and what will pay me the best.....(i hope this makes sense) I dont really want to go 2-3 weeks at a time on the road ( done that....) but it seems like Werner does have alot to offer and i guess i need alittle help in what direction to go...so if u dont mind helping me or suggestion would be great.......either rply here or PM me...talk to u soon!!!

BC

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rodknocker

rodknocker Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Southeast
    Just play the game. It's a stepping stone until something better comes a long

4. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    Brian with 26 years of experience why would you do werner?

5. Koolguy

Koolguy Light Load Member

Jun 9, 2012
    Trenton,NJ
    HEy brian, your best bet is to call a recuiter and pick the living hell out there brain. Ask them what they have offer in your location, what it pays, etc... I dont know all the accounts werner have but the recuiter sits there with a list in front of them. So just ask them and pick there brain apart

6. Bman20

Bman20 Light Load Member

Jul 5, 2010
    USA
    Ruckie,
    Its the only company hiring out of Vermont that i found that would get me home every friday for weekend off......and the family dollar account is paying good so they say...unless u know off anyone else......

7. petercar22

petercar22 Bobtail Member

Jul 20, 2012
    I'm currently with Werner as a team driver. My team mate and I have been good friends for quite some time before we decided to try it.. I recommend that before just jumping in a truck with someone you don't know. I'll start with this! I have been here for 7 months and have no complaints other than the fact that getting a hold of safety and road breakdown is the most annoying thing in the world.

I came to Werner with experience so all I needed training for was the use of a Qualcomm. I've been treated fair, regardless of the horror stories. My first solo week my paycheck was just under 800 dollars, and that works for me.. Ever since I've teamed up my checks ranger between 800 and 1100. We were OTR, and ran hard. Team Werner was pushing us about 6300 miles a week. We showed interest in the dedicated Home Depot account out of Lake Park, GA running FL/GA only. We are home every weekend, our dispatch takes care of us, and the stores are fairly easy to deal with. Yeah, some are in bad areas but thats part of the job. Currently we're both looking to become trainers (and not the kind that do it solely for the extra money). I had a very good trainer with Werner, and so did my co-driver. They helped us both tremendously and still do to this day. (Some say we were just lucky)

For a trucker new to the industry I wouldn't hesitate to recommend starting with Werner, if you can ignore the crap people talk, be respectful on the road, and just enjoy your job? Its a great place to be. Do I plan on staying with Werner long term? No, I have other plans for my trucking career. If those fail would I stay with Werner? From my experience so far, yes. Just figured I'd throw my 2 cents in..

Keep trucking, and thanks for all the information I've read from this forum! See ya'll out on the road, stay safe.

Koolguy Thanks this.
  8. Dexterr

Dexterr Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Lafourche parish
    I been with them for 6 years, I'm Going lease a truck on to them in January, they keeps you running,and great equipment, had a 07 379,to a t700 then a cascadia, all with apu,

9. Bullseye

Bullseye Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2012
    Calhoun, GA
    SpyderRyder, I talked to a recruiter today and am interested in the Dollar General account. Are you still liking it? Do you get home Friday afternoons and off the weekend? Was curious if some of the dollar generals were hard to pull into. Some of the newer stores in my area have a dock, but some don't. Right now this is my first choice as a job and have a bout 2 1/2 weeks left off school. Any help is greatly appreciated.

10. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    I really enjoyed the Dollar General account but now have a hernia that I will have to deal with this winter when I decide to take some down-time. Will get it taken care of around Christmas. I was running out of the Ardmore DC so unloaded in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. The heat can get to you but didn't bother me by keeping well hydrated. Starting out in the winter will get you ready for the summer. At the Petro in Fremont, IN waiting on a swap in the morning to take to Canada. I just got back from there today carrying a load of paper from GP. I'm kind of glad I'm back on OTR. Better miles so I can get this truck paid off sooner.

I met another experienced driver that went with Werner and he did one load for Dollar General and decided it wasn't for him. If you can find a dedicated run or region that might work out as well.

Best of luck.

11. SpyderRyder

SpyderRyder Medium Load Member

Aug 29, 2011
    Rice, Texas
    Forgot to answer some of your questions. You may get home Friday afternoon or Saturday morning. I found it was about half and half. Some times I would make my last stop on Friday but did not have enough on my day clock to get home. Our first loads wouldn't be ready until about 10:00 on Monday so I would wait for my dispatcher to tell me when to head into the DC to pick up my first load. Some of the stores can be a bear to get into but if you take your time, use G.O.A.L. you'll do okay. You will for sure get plenty of backing practice.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.