Only Drivers Happy With Werner

Discussion in 'Werner' started by JimTheHut, Nov 30, 2009.

1. SSMETAL

SSMETAL Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2009
    Harriman, Tn

Where did you get that statistic? and if it is correct, It's sucks that 51% of the drivers dont smoke...... :biggrin_255:... LOL just kidding brother!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dragonmatrix

dragonmatrix Medium Load Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Thats what I did, waited to long and took 6 months to get approved again and now have start again, but I wasnt out but a few days......

4. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Mommy said to be nice to smokers................they're dieing................:biggrin_2553:

SpyderRyder, YachtMan and venne Thank this.
  5. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    If you get off the truck before training is over, your SDM is in touch with you all the time reminding you that you have so many days to get back on the truck or you will be starting over again. With so many new students starting there might not be an opportunity to get back. So, here I go, out in the cold and probably in the snow. Did I mention I hate winter??? LOL

6. JimTheHut

JimTheHut Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Central Ohio-Go Bucks!
    You live in the wrong state to hate winter! I find it an awesome challenge!
    However, I might change my mind if I get stuck out in it once I start driving!:biggrin_2551:

7. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    There was a Werner driver that came through Bangor Maine to make a delivery. He was on the fleese deal. He told me that the dedicated would not give him enough miles to make the payments. But otherwise he said it was a trucking company.

hope this helps

8. Rug_Trucker

Rug_Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 7, 2009
    Near Nashville TN
    Fleece was his first mistake!

9. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Jim,
    If you even had a clue of what your headed for you would not do it. Theres a reason that there is not any positive postings for this company. Your going to drive a truck that is full of someone else filth, poorly cleaned at best. Your going to work more hours (alot of them for free) in 1 week than your currently work in a month. Your going to get treated like #### by most of the shippers/receivers, and (sadly) other drivers on the road. You probably going to get the privilege of getting to take a shower in a room that is dirty than you are. You will probably get stuck with the hand unloads ( Micheals, Kaybee Toys, etc..) because your the new guy. An this is the good stuff, as if I were to write about the bad stuff the editor nazi would strike it all out..

10. Ducks

Ducks "Token Four-Wheeler"

Jan 1, 2007
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    A friend of mine went through training with both Werner and Prime. The trainer at Werner trained him on driving, backing, recordkeeping, handling shippers and receivers, company policy, and gave him tips on how to succeed in the company; the trainer at Prime only gave him lots of miles behind the wheel. He found Werner's training to be better monitored and more comprehensive.

I'll be honest, though. I don't think the problem was necessarily with Prime as a company. I think he just had a crappy trainer -- one who admittedly was just putting in time until his lease expired. But his training with Werner was definitely a better experience for him.

venne and luvtheroad Thank this.
  11. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    A lot of these co's try to put you in as a trainer. Even if you lease. The co's that train newbies to get their CDL's make money off the newbies and the trainers. Sad deal if you have to train to make money. I like the co's that require a lot of stick time, standards, and time at a co before they label you a trainer.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.